Name this spot!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

botlguy

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: surfaceone

Good eye Dennis.

3285445491_6ce0590dab_z.jpg

GLOPTOP A.K.A. Dennis. Are you a So Cal boy, the one I'm thinking about? O.C Jim

Poison_Us

Reaction score
My mom and brother live just outside Virginia City in Dayton. We went up there to tour the city once...got a few shots at the Bucket of Blood and toured the museum. Nice town.

GLOPTOP

Reaction score
GOOD GUESS JIM. JUST FOUND THIS SITE, PRETTY INTERESTING! TOOK A TRIP TO THE OLD BISHOP BOTTLE SHOW IN THE LATE 60's, THEN ON UP TO V.C. WHERE WE MET UP WITH MIKE McOY AND HIS PARENTS. THEY WERE CAMPED OUT RIGHT ON TOP OF THE OLD V.C. DUMP AND DIGGING IT. THIS WAS ABOUT THE TIME THE CITY DECIDED TO MAKE THE DUMP OFF LIMITS, SO THEY KICKED US OUT SHORTLY AFTER I ARRIVED. ONLY WHOLE BOTTLE I DUG WAS A ROUND BOTTOM CANTRELL & COCHRAN SODA. STILL HAVE IT, MAY BE THE LAST BOTTLE DUG OUT OF THAT OLD DUMP! SAY HI TO BARB FOR ME.

botlguy

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: GLOPTOP

GOOD GUESS JIM. JUST FOUND THIS SITE, PRETTY INTERESTING! TOOK A TRIP TO THE OLD BISHOP BOTTLE SHOW IN THE LATE 60's, THEN ON UP TO V.C. WHERE WE MET UP WITH MIKE McOY AND HIS PARENTS. THEY WERE CAMPED OUT RIGHT ON TOP OF THE OLD V.C. DUMP AND DIGGING IT. THIS WAS ABOUT THE TIME THE CITY DECIDED TO MAKE THE DUMP OFF LIMITS, SO THEY KICKED US OUT SHORTLY AFTER I ARRIVED. ONLY WHOLE BOTTLE I DUG WAS A ROUND BOTTOM CANTRELL & COCHRAN SODA. STILL HAVE IT, MAY BE THE LAST BOTTLE DUG OUT OF THAT OLD DUMP! SAY HI TO BARB FOR ME.
Folks, this guy will be a great asset here. Got to get him to tell us some of his stories, he's got some REAL ones. I've known him for the entire time I have collected, we meet up at the December Auburn, California show occasionally. GREAT show BTW.

Welcome to the forum Dennis, you will be impressed by the knowledge and research capabilities here.

On another note, speaking of Virginia City, Nevada (there are a few other Virginia Cities) I used to race off road / cross country motorcycles and one event was held in the section of V.C. that is pictured in the first / original picture. I was never able to dig for bottles in V.C. Some of the best Western bottles in captivity came out of there. Enough.

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
Mike McCoy! Man, that name brings back some fond memories. Where is he these days? Still around? If I had a dollar for every bottle we dragged out of "V-Town" I'd be able to buy a cheapie from ABA.

tigue710

Reaction score
so for the bold and daring there's still dump left to dig in V.C.? I love hearing stories about the digging back in the day. I just read an old book from 62' I think about digging here, and they were kind of complaining in the book that you couldnt just walk around and pick up bottles anymore, that you had to dig for them! They also camped on the dump...

GLOPTOP

Reaction score
MIKE McCOY LIVES IN BOISE, IDAHO. HE HAS A BUSINESS CALLED "ESSENTIAL GLASSWORKS" WHICH ENTAILS MAKING JEWELRY AND GLASS ITEMS BY A PROCESS REFFERED TO AS "DICHROIC GLASS". GOOGLE ESSENTIAL GLASSWORKS FOR HIS WEBSITE.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp