Highest youve paid for a bottle?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Oldihtractor

Reaction score
Why is there a reason to give to another place just because you add to your collection?? Lets see we pay taxes.. generaly donate to most causes on a regular basis.. so why give to get??

I kinda look at it like this I have 2 adopted kids one special needs a thrid one on the way adopted from China.. I adopt three famlies at christmas.. and donate gleanings from the farm to the local soup kitchen..

If I buy a bottle to add to my collection I think I earned it.. thru work or other reasons..

I kinda feel the need to donate when I dig a good bottle or buy and resell a good bottle and make a profit.. Not when i buy one..

ORIGINAL: RedGinger

Next time you buy a piece for your collection, please consider making a donation to the forum and/or an organization such as this one.

deepbluedigger

Reaction score
About $4k. On three separate occasions. Each time I've then spent weeks or months selling off low, middle and sometimes high end stuff already in my collection to recoup the $$$$. Recently spent over $1k on a rare pontil med, and will probably not recoup the $$ through sales for at least another 6 or 8 weeks. Another deal is in the pipeline that will take a similar length of time to recoup.

The high end stuff that gets sold will itself have been paid for with money that came from selling low or mid-range stuff. That way a collection that was huge (over 1000 bottles, mostly packed away in the attic and garage) and built up mostly by digging and swapping low and mid-range stuff, has gradually changed into a much smaller collection of mostly mid and high end stuff. Apart from the many, many days and weeks of digging time it has probably cost, in cash, 20% or less of it's supposed 'value'.

The problems will start when I run out of stuff to sell, if my digging continues to be as unsuccessful as it has been for the past year!

RedGinger

Reaction score
I just saw this page today, and thought I would share. You don't have to do what I say. I forgot to mention the bottle calendar coming up, which helps out the forum as well.

carobran

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: andy volkerts

ORIGINAL: carobran

What motto?[:)]
[;)] I like the part about guns making all men equal, but it is a little innacurate, only makes ya equal ifn ya can actually hit somethin when ya shoot at it, which I am sad to say, many cannot!!!
So true[8|].........Truth be told i cant hit the broad side of a barn with a pistol.Im much better with a rifle though.[;)]

ncbred

Reaction score
Around $75 for a local embossed crown top soda. But have bid as much as $350 a time or two. Just didn't win.

carobran

Reaction score
You dont have any Miss. bottles do ya?Are you going to the Jackson,MS show?[:)]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac