Highest youve paid for a bottle?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

carobran

Reaction score
Whats the most youve paid for a bottle?The most ive paid so far was $40 but i know some of you have probably paid 20 times that much.[;)][8|]

Bixel

Reaction score
I paid $400 cash for a one of a kind local amber blob beer, that is attic mint. Most I have ever spent on a bottle, or ever will probably. Never told my parents about that one, since I was 18 at the time of doing this. The guy I bought it off of, I have been told paid somewhere around $1000 to get it, and he was clearing his stuff out.

Plumbata

Reaction score
Most I've paid for a bottle (to keep) was 125, for stoneware 325.00. I've spent more on bottles I knew i could resell for hefty profits, and far more on items for my collection of ancient and medieval weapons. I'd rather have an original halberd, Roman plumbata point, or other wicked implement of death than a bottle of equivalent value any day of the week, and I'd much rather expand my bottle collection by digging, when possible. If I had lots of cash the tune being sung would likely be different, though. And I'd have lots more halberds [:D].

Jim

Reaction score
I paid $1000 for a local blob beer that is the only example of its kind known to exist, and was glad to be able to get it. This bottle was found in the 1950s, and spent about 35 years in its original finder's collection, then another 20+ years in another collection before I acquired it. It's just an 1880s aqua tall blob, but it is the most "legendary" bottle from my area. No collection of Lewistown sodas and beers can be truly complete without it, so I had to have it.

This blob has a bruised lip, several dings and was dredged up out of the river nearly 60 years ago. It's a beautiful kind of hideous [:D] My two iron pontiled Lewistown sodas, both mint, were not quite as expensive. Show me another unknown/one-of-a-kind early Lewistown soda or beer bottle, and the green stuff will fly to get it into my collection. The only local bottles I won't throw good money at are later crown tops and milks. ~Jim

Dabeel

Reaction score
Baltimore to Oakland/San Francisco, now San Diego
I'm sure some won't want to tell you how much they spent for privacy reasons.....but I'll tell you that I plan on spending $125.00 for a scroll flask since the chances of me digging one in Northern CA are next to nothing. I'm quite jealous of the historical flasks that you guys on the East Coast get to dig.
So to add one to my antique cabinet is going to cost me.....but that's okay as I really, really want one!

Doug

PrivyCheese

Reaction score
Intresting topic, I noticed that some of the serious collectors havnt said anything. You know who you are.....lol Me? I spent a $1000 on a ink. The guy was nice enough to let me have a peyment plan. Took a year to pay it off. He is a forum member and has done it for me more then once.

Seen some large cash change hands at the Baltimore show....Was at a Stoneware auction where one guy spent nearly $100,000 in one day on stoneware.

carobran

Reaction score
I plan on paying up to $140 on a local hutch at the Jackson bottle show if i can find one there.[:)]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky