Old Truck

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bottles r LEET

Reaction score
Here's an old truck in the woods near my house. It's a 1968 Chevy long bed truck. Last registered date on the license plate is 1991.

A19D5B90D2204328A12D1D12D2613143.gif

Attachments

• A19D5B90D2204328A12D1D12D2613143.gif
    A19D5B90D2204328A12D1D12D2613143.gif
    243.1 KB · Views: 65

LC

Reaction score
Looks like it had been set up for some heavy duty work .

LC

Reaction score
Years ago I bought a 68 Dodge pick up . It had a four speed transmission transmission that someone had dropped down in it . It was geared so low that you could take off in third gear with it lol .

ironmountain

Reaction score
you sure you don't live on wife's family farm? Old dodge pickups and old ford pickups buried in the woods just like that!!

Bottles r LEET

Reaction score
ironmountain,
We have lots of cars in this area. When people had a junk car, they rolled it out into the woods. My Dad is a construction worker, and has dug up whole cars before with his bulldozer.

ironmountain

Reaction score
Leet,

yep..same here. Live deep in the woods, car/farm equipment/fridge/washing machine etc dies....put it up in the bush and let it sit.

at our hunting camp (used to be grandma's farm) there's a small lumber road that's pretty tight to drive. On the left side of the "road" as you start going, there's a house cut in half. It's like someone literally took a saw and just sliced 1/2 of it off. It butts right up to the edge of the road (there's a 3' bank on the side of the road). You can see the rocks and brickes used to level it under the flooring, kitchen table still there, cups,plates etc... there used to be an old 33 ford in there, but someone hauled it out years ago.....I'm going digging and MD'ing that place next time we're up there....imagine the stuff to be found just snooping in the cupboards...

tried to see if i could see it from Google maps to get a pic, but no go...will have to get some when i get back up there.

My bro in law and myself decided this past year to clean the farm up. it's huge and there's so much crap out there...(i don't mind the 4000 dumps or privy sites though). So he and i just casually started hauling scrap stuff down or out to the bush roads on the property. Father in law got the hint and we cleared out almost all of it.

Now I just need to find a glass recycler. I'd be fat rich. Daughter and I have pulled thousands of brown glass beer bottles and we're not even 1/8 into all the dumps/privy sites/foundations of old farm buildings etc... figure the farm has been there since the mid 1800's. and all they did was sit around the fire and drink.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp