Central Alabama, west Georgia, north Florida

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Targe

Reaction score
Looking for digging partner(s). I don't mind traveling or sharing. I'm new to bottle digging but I've got over 20 years experience digging Indian relics and metal detecting. I don't dig behind a partner's back and I don't take other people to the honey hole.
chipolaman@yahoo.com

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Targe...

Hey Charles, welcome to the forum... one of the guys you want to talk to is Capsoda, from Seminole, AL. He's a straight shooter and sure is an awful nice guy (although you couldn't tell that by how he treats me on the forum...[&o]) Only kidding...

He is right in that area that you were discussing and he has a "wealth" of knowledge when it comes to the local history of southern Alabama and the Florida panhandle... He also likes to "dress up" his thumb[:eek:]

Kinda weird I know, but that's one of the things we like about him... Not his thumb... just his sense of humor!

Wayne

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey I resemble that remark.[sm=lol.gif] Hey Charles, how you doing. Welcome to the forum.
I live down in Seminole, Al. right on the Florida state line in Baldwin Co. Where you Located.

And pay no attention to the southern maine diver behind the curtian.[sm=rolleyes.gif]
Man that was bad, I need to get some sleep or some beer.[sm=lol.gif]

Mk27253.jpg

Attachments

• Mk27253.jpg
    Mk27253.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 232

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Warren...

You trying to test me on what movie that Line came out from? [8|]

Do you want the year of release or the names of the actors ? the name of the characters they portrayed? ... or do you just want me to say it was from...........

The Wizard of OZ??? ToTo pulled the curtain aside and the fake, "Fire" wizard told Dorothey, "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain..." Is that the movie you're talking about?????????????

Wayne[;)]

capsoda

Reaction score
See....... I really am tired.

All you Southerners ever get down this way, check in with me and we can have some beers and cook something dead on the grill.

capsoda

Reaction score
Wayne, you got to much time on your hands or you need some more beer.

The show is not getting here fast enough.

madpaddla

Reaction score
Warren,

When you say "cook something dead on the grill"

Is it dead before the grillin? Or after it hits the red hot grill it dies on the spot? haha

Madpaddla

JohnRoy

Reaction score
My name is John Roy, and I live near Augusta, GA. I have permission to search 2 large tracts of land that once had a settlement on it called "Bellair" that first shows up on a map in 1839. The only building that still remains is the Baptist Church. However, I do know the location of an old southern plantation house, and the old school (1860s or so). I am awaiting a topographical map to come in that I ordered of the area from 1918. I will show you one satellite shot of part of the land that I currently have permission to search. I need someone to help me since I am a young father and have limited time away from my family. I am interested in splitting everything 50/50 (bottles and coins that we find). Once that map comes in I was wondering if you would not mind joining me for a Saturday of exlporation to identify some privies, and then go back another day to dig them another day (or same day if the time allows). This would be an ongoing project that could prove worth you while. I do know that this was a resort community that had a train depot, general store, and a number of home sites from the early part of the 19th century (1830s at least). Attached is a photo of the earliest map, and one satellite photo. -John Roy

Fd92489.jpg

Attachments

• Fd92489.jpg
    Fd92489.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 232

JohnRoy

Reaction score
The map below is from 1839.

I may know of a confederate camp, too, that shows up on the map in 1864 and 1865 as "Sahara;" there were many musketballs found in the woods near this site when they were putting the parkway in. Some of this site is still undeveloped, but eventually houses will be built there. -John

Ec88409.jpg

Attachments

• Ec88409.jpg
    Ec88409.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 230

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beth 264