Some Pontiled Meds, etc.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottlekid76

Reaction score
Hi all,

Well the wife & I were both off yesterday and decided to make a run up to Kansas City to do some looking around, and hit a few shops while there. I came across a shop that had some pontiled bottles in a case and decided to pick a few up. You don't see many pontiled bottles around here so it was nice to see some for sale. I did some inquiring and apparently the guy who has them is a doctor specializing in rheumatism in children. Not something you would normally think about. He came from back east from what I was told and now has a practice in KC. I'd love to know what else he may have for sale, but that's all the shop owner would say so I don't have a way to contact him. So for now, i'll try and check out his case to see what all he adds from time to time when up we get up there. Nothing rare here, but are super clean, and about as good as you'll find in these particular examples. Hope you enjoy the pics, plus it gave me a chance to play with my new camera [;)]

Here's a nice Dr. Jayne's Hair Tonic. It has a bump of glass sticking out from the mold apparently, causing it to sit lopsided. Kinda cool.

100_0225.jpg

100_0224.jpg

100_0222.jpg

This is a really nice Doct. Curtis Inhaling Hygean Vapor fom New York. How can you not love a name like that! Nice crude drippy lip and a great pontil.

100_0228.jpg

100_0226.jpg

100_0227.jpg

100_0231.jpg

100_0232.jpg

Next is a Lyon's Kathairon For The Hair from New York. Common, but this is a pristine bottle with some nice lip drip and couldn't pass it up.

100_0235.jpg

100_0234.jpg

100_0236.jpg

100_0239.jpg

100_0240.jpg

A Peter T. Wright & Co Wholsale Druggists from Philly. Another super clean bottle that I was able to pick up.

100_0241.jpg

100_0248.jpg

100_0247.jpg

Ok this one's not pontiled of course, but I got it too from the same spot so I figured i'd snap a shot of it. An uncommon cure, Hanfords Celery Cure or Nerve Food Cures Rheumatism Neuralgia Insomnia &C &C which I believe is for coughs and colds. There is another variation of this cure that has more embossing on it. It had to work!

100_0252.jpg

Thanks for looking!

pjritter

Reaction score
Very nice bottles. I like them all except for the Lyons. I really dislike those bottles because it seems like everytime im digging in a pontil age layer and that bottle comes out along with a Barrys Tricopherous. I always pullout one of those bottles thinking its something new.

Nice additions to compliment your trip!

bottlekid76

Reaction score
I hear ya Matt! Two of the most common for sure. I got a good buy on all of them, and being so clean I had to find them a new home for awhile [;)]

~Tim

Dabeel

Reaction score
Baltimore to Oakland/San Francisco, now San Diego
Next is a Lyon's Kathairon For The Hair from New York. Common, but this is a pristine bottle with some nice lip drip and couldn't pass it up.

The Lyon's and the Barry's might be more plentiful than most, but I don't consider any pontiled meds to be common. I will happily except those who are tired of their pontiled meds[:D]

Doug

Jim

Reaction score
Nice score, Tim. I like them all, with the flint glass Doct. Curtis being my favorite. ~Jim

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp