WHERE ARE THE YOUNG PEOPLE?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: capsoda

Ooh, ooh , Hey Rick!!!! That means we can fill Charlie's PM bx up with whiney little petty complains every day!!!!![sm=lol.gif]

When you get that high on the ladder,its part of the job.
But never stand on the top step,its dangerous ![8D]

dawn1979

Reaction score
Hey! I'm 32, but I've been collecting since I was old enough to go outside by myself. I have never sold or bought a bottle, I truly enjoy the process and rewards of "huntin bottles". My oldest son is six, and he's started his own collection. It's a nice hobby for us as a family. We live in GA so there's millions of places to look, as you know. Old barns or the river bed or the kaolin mines. My husband found a shark's tooth and a seashell fossil there once, which is super cool cause we're almost 3 hours from the coast. I would appreciate any helpful info or tips you have. Have a wonderful day!

Plumbata

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

E15B6C49E3534270A3B8A570412FA466.jpg

Jesus Rick, you're nuttier than a pecan! [:D]

Dunno why, but that picture cracks me up. You're somethin' else dude. [8D]

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
LOL "Nuttier then a Pecan" I like that an al ogy.

Hey it was a spur of the moment thing,found the basket of fruit by the river<snap>[:D]

put --> an al ogy <--- togather and try and post it. It must be a bad word[:eek:]

ncbred

Reaction score
The bottle world....even at 34 years old I can be considered young. [:)]

ironmountain

Reaction score
I'm 40. Not sure if that's considered young or not. I started digging a cpl years ago when I was at wife's family farm when I was MD'ing and found a dump. I was with my 11 year old nephews. We spent 2-3hrs digging in there getting dirty. My daughter is my digging partner. While everyone else is doing stuff in the woods or in town, she asks if we can stay behind and go dig for a couple of hours. And she has a great eye for spotting things parely peeking out of the dirt.

I

Aumie

Reaction score
I am a younger person, I am only 23 - I've been collecting bottles since I was 15 - give or take. While girls my age were going to the mall to get those "totally cool" jeans, I was at flea markets and yard sales with my parents.

My collection started out as 8 or 9 bottles that sat on my dresser and has bloomed into a modest 60-70 glass collection with it's own hutch for a display. I don't imagine I have anything in my collection that exceeds a value of 30 dollars. Heck, I won't even buy a bottle over 10 dollars unless I know a lot about it or if I have fallen in love with it - I really can't afford the hobby otherwise. But I'm really not in it for their value, - do I love to find out a bottle I paid a dollar for is worth 10, of course I do! But I'm far more in it for their beauty, their story, and for the fact that I'm touching something that was a part of another person's existence. I've dug only once but I'm interested in getting out there at least another time or two when it's warm again. I also I recently became a member of the Fork's of the Delaware Bottle Club - which not to my surprise was mostly full of men that are my grandfather's age but those are the type of people I want to learn from.

Us younger people are out there, are we few and far between? Maybe, but we're here.

carobran

Reaction score
Definitely few and far between,especially down here in Mississippi.I saw very few young people at the Jackson show.Most dealers and buyers were at least in their 30s-40s and the majority were 50 or older.[8|]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu