Societe Cooperative Bordeaux

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hi Yall, just dug this today and any info on it would be appreciated. It was dug at a 1870-1890 site. It is 5" tall and the base is 2 1/2". By the lip I'm guessing it is a food product. French? Thanks heaps and Happy Diggin, Kelley

Zx71622.jpg

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
I agree with Irish -- a mustard bottle. Perhaps a farm cooperative growing mustard.

There are two different bottles from this company pictured on page 389 of Zumwalt's book.

---------Harry Pristis

Pontiled

Reaction score
It's definitely a French mustard pot. I've dug the pottery ones a long time ago.

By the way, that is NOT a common mustard bottle.

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys guys. Mustard was my first thought as well but if it's not in one of my books, I hate to hazard a guess. I have learned just enough about bottles this last year to qualify me as an idiot.[:D] Nice to know it's not a common variety as the last few trips out everything has been. Kinda makes you wonder what a French mustard bottle is doing way out here in nowhere Texas. Kelley

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hey Yall, Thought this was pretty cool. Went back to the pit that coughed up this neat little mustard jar and Lo-N-Behold..... out popped the sealer! It's not in very good shape but it is/was very decorative. Thought yall might get a kick out of seeing what the lid looked like. Happy Diggin! Kelley

Nl30299.jpg

Attachments

• Nl30299.jpg
    Nl30299.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 101

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18