Augusta, Georgia "Big Dig" PICTURES

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

rockbot

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: southernsodacollector

Chris,

Sorry to take so long to respond, but I have had an extremely busy week. I can't seem to spot the blue decorated piece in the photos. I do see part of a solid blue colored pottery pitcher. We did get one piece that the owner got, but I can't find a photo. I have attached a pic showing most of the pottery prior to our first big split.

4F95EC500E7A484FA9DC3E2B79871844.jpg

Second table third, fourth and fifth rows are oriental tiger whiskey, ginger, shoyu and bean jars.

What a load of bottles and jugs!

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: southernsodacollector

Chris,

Sorry to take so long to respond, but I have had an extremely busy week. I can't seem to spot the blue decorated piece in the photos. I do see part of a solid blue colored pottery pitcher. We did get one piece that the owner got, but I can't find a photo. I have attached a pic showing most of the pottery prior to our first big split.

4F95EC500E7A484FA9DC3E2B79871844.jpg

Much of this going to be for sell at the Columbia show?

tigue710

Reaction score
beautiful stuff! What a fun dig, I've very much enjoyed following it. Keep the pics coming please!

I had to excavate a dump very much in the same fashion. We striped the top 6-8 feet of later junk and hand dug the bottom 2-4 feet of "pay dirt"... My best advice is to keep the hoe away from the layers that are producing. Dig out the already turned area to bottom in a large tract so that the tractor can drive right in, keep a wall exposed to be hand dug only, and move only the burden with the hoe. It will get dug very quickly this way, and there is less chance of damaging the "good stuff".

T D

Reaction score
hey, has anyone heard any updates on this dig?..is it still going on?..

Hey Dan, I talked to one of the guys Saturday at the Atlanta Show and they are still digging. I don't think it is going to go on too much longer...

judu

Reaction score
thanks tom for the info...i love looking through the pictures of this dig..i find myself staring really hard into the dirt piles to see if i can find a hidden bottle....i have issues.....

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panama Canal digger