New with questions

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

dragongoddess

Reaction score
I was at the coin dealer today and saw several bottles that interested me. One said:
Humphreys
Homopathic
then
A circle with a horse head in it
trade mark
Veterinary
specifics

The bottle is as tall as a business card on end and the ink of the letters is black.

Btw I bought both bottles

The other says

Trade
Thom'as A. Edison (in black writing)
REG US MARK PAT OFF ( clear printed letters)
3 oz. (in black printed letters)
SPECIAL (in black printed letters)
BATTERY OIL (in black printed letters)

THOMAS A EDISON (in black printed letters) Inc (clear letters)
ORANGE N J (in black printed letters)
U.S.A. (in black printed letters)

Any idea on value or history

thanks
lisa

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hi, and welcome to the forum. Do your bottles have paper labels, or are there embossed raised letters that have been blackened, I guess I'm a little confused. The Humphrey's is from an old veterinarian medicine company, there's a very good site I found on google called rubylane.com - for Northfork Pets & Antiques. They have a nice listing of antique animal medicines bottles and more. I'm going to embed a picture I downloaded from their site at the end of this post, it sounds like yours. The Edison's are fairly common, but a nice start to a collection. If you have the time, do the 'google thing', you'll be amazed what you find. They're asking $47.00 for the Humphreys

Ig11495.jpg

Attachments

• Ig11495.jpg
    Ig11495.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 83

dragongoddess

Reaction score
Your picture looks close but the letters on my bottle are black and raised as is the picture of the horse. That also goes for the Edison Battery oil bottle. Neither of my bottles have a screw on top as shown in your picture. I guess they were seald with cork stoppers. Also I passed on a milk bottle from the local fedral prison. Tried the google thing with the milk bottle but came up empty. Any ideas where I can find info on prison milk bottles.

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hi again, yes, I realized that this one has a screw top, your's evidently is older and probably is worth more than the one shown. Try the site and see what you can find. I do believe the letters have been painted after the fact if they are raised and black. Regarding milk bottles, there's all kinds of sites; they're very collectible to a lot of people. Good luck with your hunt.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler