Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: pa milk bottles

Senior Member Bottle Master

RE: pa milk bottles

I havent dug a york sanitary but I bought one at an antique shop in york for 6 bucks a while back. I see those around a good bit at shops and flea markets. You must have a better dump radar than I do. It seems like all the dumps Ive located in the area are mostly 1950's and later. Ive found some cool stuff but not the older milks and stuff.

Of course im still fairly new to bottle hunting and have only been at it for a few years now. Im sure Ill stumble upon an older dump site soon enough.

in my opinion the smaller the town the harder to find a bottle, that is if one exists. Its hard to determine just exactly which ones are rare becasue it all depends on what the local collectors say. For the franklin, fulton, and beford area there are some difficult varients to pick up, the rarest i have is L L Breichbell from green village pa in franklin county..

Member New Bottler

I disagree.... The rarest bottles are usually found near the town of origin. Meaning, Craley / East Prospect area will normally yield Lauxmont bottles. Today I scouted an area in Hellam Twp and found (broken) Flahartey Dairy bottles from Hellam. I think I would be more lost near the cities then I am in the rural areas. I always thought the area of old dumps near the city would have been developed. I'm more of a product of being local then I am being good at finding dumps.

I do agree with the bottle is only worth anything to a "local collector". A Valey Acres Hellam Pa or Lauxmont doesn't mean anything to a collector in Witchata KS

Junior Member New Bottler

We were working in Huntingdon last year and a fellow found a Sowash qt bottle sticking out of the ground. It was along the railroad tracks. No one had ever heard of it, but he located the family that had ran the dairy. They said it was the only bottle that they even knew of.

Member New Bottler

I think it's cool finding those local bottles. Did he sell it? I'll try to post some local prohibition whiskey bottles when I get a chance.

You find a embossed Turkey Hill bottle and you hit a nice payday. [:D]

Member New Bottler

Just looked them up.... Wow

You would think they would be "common", like a Lauxmont

You dont mean one like this do you? Im guessing you mean something older.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CB96B1986F1C4886A6AF68A4E9B04AFE.jpg  

Member New Bottler

The one I saw on ebay had pyro writing. Do you know what that one is worth?