Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: pa milk bottles

Senior Member Bottle Master

RE: pa milk bottles

We were checking out a few houses for pits yesterday then took a walk in the woods.I kicked this one out of the ground. Its worth a couple Million

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BA5722401DB346D885F17EBF42BBDEA9.jpg  

I saw the Turkey Hill milks on ebay as well. They look very similar to mine except the writing on them. I dont know whats up with that. I dont see any signs of paint on mine but who knows. It may have had some at one point. I have no idea what mines worth or the rartiy of these. I still find it hard to believe that someones paying a few hundred for one with the writing on it.

Member New Bottler

I agree with you. It seems to be more of an asking price then what they are getting. Your TH bottle looks older then the ones with writing IMO

Yeah who knows. Ill say this. If anyone wants to give me three hundred for mine its in the mail first thing in the morning. Ha Ha

No the really good Turkey Hill milks are heavily embossed. With one of the frey family names on it , turkey hill dairies and creswell pa.

padigger...so it seems for milk bottles a particular dairy is worth what ever a certain collector decides it's worth...you and everyone else knows that. For some of us a particular bottle becomes the "holy grail" and sometimes eludes the collector for an eternity. The East End Dairy green milk is arguably one of the most collectable milks in the country yet alone PA. I know growing up here in Central Pa i was led to believe the most sought after milk was a Fort Hunter Dairy bottle. There was only one known. I witnessed a second go at the same auction as the EED for way less than the EED.

The photo Dave posted is of the best of the best in regards to the 7-10 known bottles. That information came from several who were present to purchase it. When this particular bottle was offered there were several collectors from around the country in attendance to buy it and quite a few telephone bids posted as well.

Are there more rare...I suppose a unique bottle is more rare but beauty is in the eye...

I have a East End Dairy Emerald Green Bottle for sale if anyone is interested? I have pics if anyone is interested... Thanks

You don't have it any more Mr. Henry!!!!

Thanks for letting me buy it.

This one won't be coming for sale again any time soon!

And yeah, Mike, I have other more rare Harrisburg milks, but I agree that this one is the "Holy Grail"

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1874C72E71124825BE78AC2FEF222D1E.jpg  

ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

We were checking out a few houses for pits yesterday then took a walk in the woods.I kicked this one out of the ground. Its worth a couple Million

Rick, I'd be interested if that were puce[:D]

Haha you are very welcome and I hope you enjoy it!!!