Griffin's Golden Guernsey Dairy

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

helm40

Reaction score
Found this at an auction and it has no city listed. I picked it up in Ohio. Anyone have any idea were it is from?
Thanks,
Scott

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Scott,

Welcome and where's the photo?

There is a Guernsey County in Ohio.

I'm thinking it may be Milwaukee, though.
milkjug.jpg
"The present site of Brookfield Square Shopping Center was a dairy farm, then, and just west of it was the Bluemound Drive-In Theater. West of Calhoun Road on the south side of Bluemound was a wonderful restaurant called The Milk Jug. I think it was owned by Golden Guernsey. The building was shaped something like the famous KoolAid pitcher, and through the glass back wall of the restaurant you could watch them milking the cows." From.

history.jpg

"GOLDEN GUERNSEY DAIRY COOPERATIVE, MILWAUKEE, WIS.
Founded in Milwaukee in 1930, by 1936 the cooperative had grown from one home-delivery route with 85 customers to 85 routes with 20,000 home-delivery customers. It continued to grow and produce milk packaged in cartons for store delivery, phasing out home delivery in the late 1960s. When Golden Guernsey Dairy Cooperative consolidated with Wisconsin Dairies Cooperative on Jan. 1, 1995, the business had two milk packaging plants – one in Wausau, Wis., and one in Waukesha, Wis.; a cheese plant in Chilton, Wis., a drying plant in Sparta, Wis., and a juice packaging plant in Madison, Wis." From.

7c0ff87edfa494feb4a92c98f47c9e6b.jpg

"The Golden Guernsey Dairy Cow in Waukesha, WI."

bostaurus

Reaction score
Kleinpeter Dairy in Baton Rouge started out as a Guernsey Dairy. They stopped selling their Golden Guernsey milk in the 80's or early 90's. It was 4% butterfat...compared to 3.25% for regular whole milk. It was some good stuff but not all that good for you.
They sold off the Guernseys and went to Holsteins.

helm40

Reaction score
Hello ,
Thanks for the replies to my message. I dont think this bottle belongs to either, but the search continues. I guess there were many golden guernsey dairies.
Tahnks Again,
Scott

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp