Whiskey and Gin

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

standog

Reaction score
On behalf of a friend, I wonder if anyone here could help with identifying (and maybe giving some idea of the value) this gin bottle and whiskey jug. Any help would be appreciated. I have bigger pictures if needed.

Rp44502.jpg

Attachments

• Rp44502.jpg
    Rp44502.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 69

standog

Reaction score
Here is the gin bottle

Zx70340.jpg

Attachments

• Zx70340.jpg
    Zx70340.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 60

mibottles

Reaction score
The case gin, if pontilled (it appears to be so) is worth $100-150 in perfect condition. Damage, however minor, can really hurt the value.

Christopher Woods

/////////////////////////////////////
Historic Glasshouse
http://www.antiquebottles-glass.com
////////////////////////////////////

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Hi Standog and welcome to the forum !
I agree with Chris .....a perfect example will fetch a 100.00 + if it's in the 10" - 11" tall range.
But a Case gin like yours in the 15" + tall range can fetch upwards to a 1000.00 +
How tall is yours you have pictured ?
And the Red & Green transfer Cruiskeen Lawn Jug seem to be the most desirable .... and the most common is the Black transfer. It seems if I recall correctly they will bring in the 40.00 - 75.00 range . But , don't quote me on that ! Maybe some of the other members have a better idea of the stonewares value .
Hope this helps !

standog

Reaction score
Thanks Chris and Brian I will pass the Info on[:)]

masterginman

Reaction score
Hi Standog, If you could please tell me the size of this case gin, Height, width of shoulders and base. And to see a photo of the base to see if this beauty is a dual or singly ponitled. And to determine if it was blown into a wood or clay mold. These all have factors determining age and the value. And if there is any cracks, chips, dings or staining inside the bottle. I should be able to give you an approximate value of this bottle for your friend. I have been buying trading and selling these case gins for over 45 years. And usualy am pretty close on there vale. Thank You Dwight
EMAIL address: pettit9119@bellsouth.net

TROG

Reaction score
Hi,
Not sure but the gin appears to be from around 1800- 1820 but Dwight will certainly be able to give a better idea if you can get a base shot. The red print Whisky is quite a good one as mentioned and would normally go for around $200- $250

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky