"Noble Catcher" Is this a Cyrus Noble Whiskey Bottle?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CarltonHendricks

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here and can't seem to figure out how to upload photos...So I'll cut to the chase...

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=147839
I just got a figural bottle shaped like a baseball player with the name "Noble Catcher" at the bottom. It looks like about 1880's to me. You can see it in the link above....Please advsie if you know anything about it. Thanks -Carlton

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Welcome Carlton.
I've never seen anything like it. Interesting link there. Hopefully someone here will know. You came to the right place.

surfaceone

Reaction score
1Front_900x1200.jpg

NobleCatcher.jpg

1LookingDownOnNeck_1200x900.jpg

3Face_900x1200.jpg

Back_900x1200.jpg

UnderBase_1200x900.jpg

LeftChestUp_900x1200.jpg

InLineUp_900x1200.jpg

There'ya go Jordyn,

Welcome to the A-BN.

Weren't the decanters painted?

40600_200804011055081.thumb.jpg

CarltonHendricks

Reaction score
Hi Bob, Wow that's great...because I've been hitting brick walls....a rep from Cyrus Noble emailed me today...our exchange below:

Hello,
Carlton Hendricks here with SportsAntiques.com. Would you have a company historian or archivist? I’m researching the attached figural bottle of a c1880 baseball player with the name “Noble Catcher†at the bottom. Would you know if this was produced by Cyrus Noble? The top is missing on mine and I’m hoping to find one with the original top so I can copy it. I presume it was shaped like a baseball cap...perhaps a pillbox style one.

Please advise any knowledge or help you can offer. Thanks
Kindly,
-Carlton
www.SportsAntiques.com

My apologies sir, but we have no company histrorian or archivist. In the 15 years that I've worked for Haas Brothers, I have not heard of a 19th century decanter for Cyrus Noble. We did a successful ceramic decanter program in the 1970's, but in the 19th century I'm only aware of a shot-glass series. I'm sorry I can't give a definitive answer, but as far as I've ever heard, this wouldn't be a decanter produced by/for Cyrus Noble Bourbon.
Thank you for your inquiry,
Jake Lustig
National Sales Manager
Haas Brothers | Since 1851
San Francisco, California

Hi Jake,
Thanks for you email. I’d be very surprised if it turns out to not be a Cyrus Noble bottle. I’ll continue my journey looking for answers.. Above is a link to more photos and discussion on it, that I posted on a forum I frequent...no answers yet though...FYI, at the end I mention two people who haven’t seen it; Keith Schneider and Josh Evans....when those two haven’t seen it....it’s rare! Point being, it’s so rare, you/the Cyrus Noble entity, may not even know of it. The second one of the “Noble Pitcher†seen in my post adds further intrigue...

BTW I have the large c1900 “Faro†Cyrus Noble sign which you may be familiar with....In my opinion, as it relates to my bottle, that sign, poignant as it is, shows that Cyrus Noble marketing had flair back in the day and is consistent with the flair my bottle would have had in 1880. Maybe you’re right it’s not a Cyrus Noble bottle...but I’m not ready to fold yet.

One last question: Will it be OK to post your reply on my site? As I will be doing a feature on it and would like to document what I learn as part of it’s history.
Kindly –Carlton

Sure, Carlton, post away and frankly I admire your determination. The Faro Game program was indeed a major marketing effort and as you say, the brand had and has much flair! It would be wonderful to learn of the origins of your decanter bottle, and of course would add to my knowledge of Cyrus Noble's early days. Thank you again for your efforts, good luck with the pursuit!
Jake Lustig
National Sales Manager
Haas Brothers | Since 1851
San Francisco, California

epackage

Reaction score
That mold seam I see in the shot from behind makes me think later than 1900 as it goes al the way thru the lip.....I can't wait to see what you find out....If it's that old I'm shocked it's the first we're seeing of it here.....Jim

Wheelah23

Reaction score
Ground lip bottles like this one, the seam goes to the top of the lip...

Very cool bottle, by the way... I wouldn't be surprised if it's as old as you say.

CarltonHendricks

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your input..especailly for posting the photos...from here on it's a waiting game to see what your community has to say over the next few days or so...I just got an email from Reggie Lynch of antiquebottles.com....said was he wasn't familiar with it....

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu