Sealed bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

rlitcher

Reaction score
I have a collection of sealed medicine bottles, (liquid and powder) they are labeled and cork sealed for the most part and I have had them for about 35 years or so. I have lived in Denver and am noticing that the corks are starting to fail on some (like a Buffalo brand mineral water). Is there a solution that I can use to preserve and protect the contents of my bottles?
Thanks in advance.

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hello Reed,

Welcome to the A-BN, and thanks for telling us of your dilemma.

That dry Denver air has got to play havoc with corks. I'd sure like to see some photos of your collection. I'm assuming these are labelled as well...

Here's a reply from our Medicine Guru to another person asking about contents:

ORIGINAL: AntiqueMeds

Medicines can be worth more with the contents but they are a double edged sword.
A good label is more important and sometimes the contents can end destroying the label.
If the bottle is sealed well and the contents dont look like rat droppings then they might add some value.
You need to invert the corked bottles every so often to keep the corks from drying out unles they are wax sealed.

tridddlingrack-thumb1.jpg

epackage

Reaction score
This stuff can be used on the ones with liquid and will help with evaporation as well....Jim

It can easily be removed with a utility knife at a later date...

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Bottles r LEET

You can drip wax all over the cork, that way no air gets in, and nothing gets out.
Ryan's idea is a good one too, better then mine...[;)]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado