Leonard Appleby Railroad Mills Snuff 1830-1860

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BOHUNTER

Reaction score
Im looking for a real collector! LOL I have a Leonard Appleby Railroad Mills Snuff Pontel from 1830-1860 Amber double "D" blown. Tooled neck about 1/16th thick NO CRACKS, but....... about 3/4" of the lip missing. :O( Ill make some pics tomorrow in the sunlight. water find.

email: steveholloway@bellsouth.net

Thanks Steve

epackage

Reaction score
Welcome back Steve, 4 years between posts is a heck of a long time. Looking forward to the pics....Jim

BOHUNTER

Reaction score
Steve's Bottle

Here is a link to the pics, sorry I kept yall in suspense! You can breathe again. Take a peak and if anyone is interested you can email me. I was in a wreck and got totaled out while I sat at a red light like the law says.... luckily the mom and daughter who hit me at 50+ mph withno braking had no serious injuries. On the other hand, i been gimped up since. Had time to take some pics today. As you can see it has a small lip damage area but the overall scarcity of the piece shadows the opposite side damage. If anyone knows any secrets about bottle care and possible repair, im interested also if it helps the integrity of the preservation of the bottle.

Thanks again,

Steve

BOHUNTER

Reaction score
1e548aeb.jpg

sandchip

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: bottle_head9

Too bad about the damage.The open pontil is great!!!

Great looking bottle. Looks like an "X" embossed in the center of the pontil (photo 9).

JustGlass

Reaction score
Cool bottle. Nice old one. I got tagged from behind a few years ago while waiting to make a turn. I happen to have my clutch pedal depressed when I was hit and it pushed me into the other lane where I just missed another car head on. I coasted to the side of the road with a concussion that occurred when my head slammed against the head rest. I was struck by a couple of teens that told the police that they were doing 65 mph and adjusting the radio. They were shaken but unhurt thanks to the airbags. The police let me drive my damaged camry home. My mind was foggy for about three weeks. Their car was towed away on a flat bed. I'm not sure I could of had time to avoid it even if I saw them comming. I think the impact might have been more serious if I didn't have a standard transmission with my clutch depressed.

Sir.Bottles

Reaction score
I love it[:)] coz my name on it[sm=lol.gif]
The lip is somehow heartbreaking[:(]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member