"Pitkin" = repro?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

saratogadriver

Reaction score
Thanks, that makes sense. It looks like a quality, but not particularly old, piece. Pairpoint makes sense. They made some pretty good stuff.

Jim G

ORIGINAL: Bixby Bill

That was commissioned by the Pitkin Glassworks Assoc. to be blown at Pairpoint for I think it was the 200 year anniversary of the Pitkins start up date. They blew these amber inks and a pitkin type flask in a teal color. They are extremely well made in the same half-post method the Pitkins used originally. they weren`t made to deceive, but eventually some people will wonder if they are old or not. If I remember right they had them made as a fund raiser for the group, which is dedicated to preserving the remains of the Pitkin Glassworks, which is in Manchester, CT, my hometown. I hope that sheds some light on the subject!

kungfufighter

Reaction score
As Bill suggests (thanks for the post BTW - I had forgotten the Pitkin connection), these are not objects that would fool someone "in hand."

surfaceone

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Bixby Bill

That was commissioned by the Pitkin Glassworks Assoc. to be blown at Pairpoint for I think it was the 200 year anniversary of the Pitkins start up date. They blew these amber inks and a pitkin type flask in a teal color. They are extremely well made in the same half-post method the Pitkins used originally. they weren`t made to deceive, but eventually some people will wonder if they are old or not. If I remember right they had them made as a fund raiser for the group, which is dedicated to preserving the remains of the Pitkin Glassworks, which is in Manchester, CT, my hometown. I hope that sheds some light on the subject!

Hey Bill,

Nice to see you posting, sir.

This is just the sort of information that make these blue pages such a great resource. Thank you. Nothing like historic memory coupled with great eyes and experience. Well done all.

ORIGINAL: kungfufighter

I'm thinking Pairpoint or something of that ilk. Well constructed but as suggested, not old IMHO.

hat-tip.jpg

Bixby Bill

Reaction score
I don`t have the time to be on here as much as I used to, something called work and surving gets in the way! But I can`t stay away either. Plus I like being able to help out with any info I might happen to have. I grew up only about 3 miles from the Pitkin Glassworks, so anything to do with it always gets my interest!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac