Ebay or Efraud

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

madpaddla

Reaction score
Found this one. Feeding on the ones who don't know. Still in favor of free enterprise though.
The best is "This item has a stamp on the bottom but I am unable to get a good photo or know the makers mark. " HAHAHA
Really? Did you try.
Madpaddla
http://cgi.ebay.com/ANTIQUE-GLASS-MEDICINE-BITTERS-BOTTLE_W0QQitemZ7392567710QQcategoryZ20095QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Ben...

If I could have gotten $4.95 for every clear, common, screwcap piece of glass that I have found, I'd be a rich man!!![:eek:]

Was it P.T. Barnum who said, "There's a sucker born every minute..."

Wayne[&:]

Maine Digger

Reaction score
I guess I better go back to those pits I filled with commons and get em on ebay! But I must admit, the seller was creative in his selection of colors for the posting, almost as creative as the description of the bottle.[;)]

GuntherHess

Reaction score
If they are cultivating a market for unembossed screw tops , I say great!
It will make my Davis OK baking powders and sauers extracts look like gold.

CanadianBoy

Reaction score
Hey Ben,I like the...."Local pickup I cannot allow for safety reasons." probably not filling in his digging holes,and I'm glad i don,t live in Italy..

But if those screwtops become trendy........watch out.

Dave.

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Ben and Dave...

The guy has "Not for local pick-up" cause he doesn't want anyone to see where he lives or get an address on him. Common for those who want to skip out or frequently change addresses to throw people off. What kind of insurance reasons would prevent someone from going to your door and picking up a bottle??? [:-]

Sorry that I'm naturally suspicious, but I was a cop for 17 years and it's hard to break the habit[>:]

Wayne

JustGlass

Reaction score
Ive thrown more than a couple of dozen of them clear screw cap bottles over my shoulder, and bounced them off from trees, rocks, and my digging partners head and never broke a one. Funny how bottles with little value are so indestructable. I notice through other auction people have the same problem reading makers marks on the bases...and it seems like Wheaton NJ. is the hardest one to read.... go figure.

bottleboy311

Reaction score
Boy I just think of all the money (thousands of dollars) I lost using bottles like that as target practices shooting my 22. Should have used more tin cans. Wait those may be valuable too!

As far as not reading the mark on the bottom. Maybe it he sells that bottle he should take a couple dollars of his earnings to the dime store and buy a magnifi glass.

By the way Wayne, though he gets credit for it, P. T. Barnum did not say "There is a sucker born every minute." It was George Hull one of the promoters of the Cardiff Giant. It was in reference to P.T. Barnum who was a compeditor of his. For a little history, check out this web site.

http://www.historybuff.com/library/refbarnum.html

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky