Ebay?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

carobran

Reaction score
Well,the bottle funds are running dangerously low,so i thought about listing a few bottles on ebay.My question is,after all the ebay fees and such,is it even worth it for lower end($5-$30) bottles?

If I sold a bottle foe $20 how much of that would I actually get?

And lastly,how do you list a bottle on ebay?(Never listed anything before,just bought things)

epackage

Reaction score
You pay about 10%, so a $20 bottle should net you $18...you'll need a credit card to sell...So I'm guessing you'll need a parent to get involved

timeandabottle

Reaction score
I guess that decides how much per hour you want to work for! I figure by the time I do everything involved in selling an item that I've spent 1 hour of time. If you make a "lot" of bottles, that can help. As far as "how to list" it's pretty easy. Go into my ebay and click the sell an item option from the pull down. It's pretty easy from there if you can just connect the dots. The nice thing is that invoices, postage, etc. and such are handled easily now. Good luck!

carobran

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: epackage

You pay about 10%, so a $20 bottle should net you $18...you'll need a credit card to sell...So I'm guessing you'll need a parent to get involved
I'd be using my moms account,so no problem there.Do you have to be paid via PayPal on ebay?Or can you be paid via check/money order?

timeandabottle

Reaction score
That is up to you. However, be aware that Paypal charges a small fee, on top of the fees that e-bay charges! It's about 1%. I only use Paypal myself as I am assured that a check will not bounce, etc.

epackage

Reaction score
You can put in your ad that you want to be paid by check or money order but E-Bay could remove the listing if you do. I wouldn't worry about it because many people list that they accept check and money orders...

carobran

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: timeinabottle

That is up to you. However, be aware that Paypal charges a small fee, on top of the fees that e-bay charges! It's about 1%. I only use Paypal myself as I am assured that a check will not bounce, etc.
Ok,Thanks.Was hoping you could.I'd rather get checks etc. because I do alot of my bottle buying at flea markets and the like and having money on a paypal account doesn't help in those situations.

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
if you are going to list stuff dont list items manually, thats a huge waste of time.
Use turbo lister , that way you only have to set up the basic auction parameters once.
It allows you to list a bunch of items fast.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I think it's still 2.9% + 30¢. I usually figure on 15% total just to round things off. Then of coarse there's time and material for packaging (I get my boxes from the recycle bins outside so they're free) and gas to the PO so 20-30% for me anyway. It depends on if I can consolidate a trip.

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: carobran

ORIGINAL: timeinabottle

Ok,Thanks.Was hoping you could.I'd rather get checks etc. because I do alot of my bottle buying at flea markets and the like and having money on a paypal account doesn't help in those situations.
You can transfer the money from Paypal into a bank account for free and it takes 2-3 days tops, faster than waiting for an out of state check to clear...

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu