Do milk bottles have any value?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

everydaymom2

Reaction score
I posted recently about a cream top bottle that I aquired. Do any milk bottles have value? I have not been able to find any info. & selling prices vary so widely...

epackage

Reaction score
There are many Milks that bring great money, there are even more that don't bring much at all..

David Fertig

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: epackage

There are many Milks that bring great money, there are even more that don't bring much at all..

What he said.

Plus with milks, most are localized. It might be a one-of-a-kind, but if no one collects milks from that area, it's of little value.

LC

Reaction score
I was at an auction one evening , and up came a milk bottle from a town about fifteen miles away for me . I was still into buy and resale at the time .I had never seen one before and thought it might be a money bottle pertaining to resale . The next thing I knew my bid was fifty bucks for the blasted thing . I have sold milk bottles for as high as a hundred dollars , and felt this could be one of them . Well , I am still stuck with it and can not even get the fifty bucks back out of it that I paid for the blasted thing . Would not be so bad if I liked milk bottles which I don't . It is out back in the building amongst other bottles I care little about , one of those hard lessons learned .............

BellwoodBoys

Reaction score
Milks can bring good money. I've seen some local milks go on ebay and sell for hundreds of dollars. what makes a milk valuble is if the milks are made in very low numbers. Another thing is the desirability of the milk. If there is a large group of people who like a small group of milk bottles, then the value will go up. My message on value is, its only worth what somebody is willing to pay for it.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I'm guessing your talking about your other post HERE.
That's an interesting form but common enough in this area (I'm from Mass). The spoon may be worth more than the bottle though, especially if marked.
Yes, some milks will bring in the hundreds so there is value. Aesthetic, sentimental, rarity, condition etc. factors all determine the value.

ironmountain

Reaction score
crazy that some milks go that high. I always thought they were just pretty cool bottles until I saw some auctions.
Sadly, the only ones I'll be finding for awhile are from the Calumet Cheese Co-Op and local family owned dairies in the U.P.

still neat to have bottles from people my inlaws' older family members probably knew.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eloc1