Amber Cliquot ?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ironmountain

Reaction score
Person on the MD forum I frequent found what looks like an amber Cliquot bottle. Not sure if it's amber or not. The cloth behind is red, but still looks darker colored than that. Found at the yacht club he belongs to. any info on this bottle? or is it super common? here's a pic:

D7484951F6C34D0E9AC261BB5516CD1A.jpg

Attachments

• D7484951F6C34D0E9AC261BB5516CD1A.jpg
    D7484951F6C34D0E9AC261BB5516CD1A.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 60

surfaceone

Reaction score
Not sure if it's amber or not. The cloth behind is red,

Sure looks like splotchy dirty aqua to me. Notice the semi translucent shadow image from the flash.

I've found pieces / parts but not a whole one. They're kinda common: https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/Aqua-Clicquot-Club-Bottle/m-441390/tm.htm

Hittin' The Bottle by the Clicquot Club Eskimos, 1930

eskimos2.jpg

"The Clicquot Club Eskimos was a banjo orchestra under the direction of Harry Reser. The band was quite well known because of its nationwide weekly half-hour radio broadcasts sponsored by Clicquot Club, which was a popular brand of ginger ale. Clicquot is pronounced "Klee-Ko" and was the fictional name of the Eskimo Boy that was pictured on the bottle and in the company's advertising. The Clicquot Club radio program was on the air from 1925 to 1935. The Clicquot Club Eskimos wore eskimo suits when playing live and before a studio audience. The same basic band recorded under a dizzying array of pseudonyms for dozens of different record labels. You will find a list of those sessions by clicking here." From.

d2_1_b.JPG
From.

ironmountain

Reaction score
yeah..couldn't really tell the color from the pic. can see through it somewhat, but wasn't sure if the red cloth and lighting made it seem that dark or what. Asked him to clean it up a bit. thanks for the quick info...

we had a store in town that's been closed for a couple decades now. They have a good sized Clicquot lighted sign outside of the door. Haven't been able to track down the owner to see if I can get it.

NYCFlasks

Reaction score
IF it is truly amber, I would consider it to be rare (please note here, rare, and valuable, are not always interchangeable words). I throw the aqua ones in the recycle bin, but can not recall ever seeing an amber one in 40 years in the hobby.

ironmountain

Reaction score
yah, it's just aqua. Thought it was diff. color because of the way the light hit it and the background of the red cloth.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora