Unlisted Green Poison ????

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Longhunter

Reaction score
I got this one at a flea market yesterday. I can't seem to find this one in the books.
I almost missed the fact that it says "POISON" until after I picked it up to take a look at it.
Anybody ever seen one of these? (Stephen?? Jerry?? Anybody???)

The oposite side is smooth for a label.

F396436AA879418AA0EBC992EF9010EF.jpg

Attachments

• F396436AA879418AA0EBC992EF9010EF.jpg
    F396436AA879418AA0EBC992EF9010EF.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 78

jerry2143

Reaction score
I have never seen this bottle before. I almost positive that is English. England is just about the only country that embossed the word POISON on the bottom front panel of their bottles. Some examples are the KC-54, KJ-19, KR-11, KR-70, KS-3 and KS-33. Some Australian bottles have POISON embossed on the lower front but they all have other embossing above on the same panel. Since it is a screw cap that pretty well puts it between the 20's and the present day. I personally think it is from the 30's to 40's. I personally think it is a great find. A lot of collectors don't collect screw caps. I would be interested in one if you run across another one. Maybe we could work out a trade on something I have for sale. I have been collecting POISON bottles for thirty five years. I know one thing for sure DON'T EVER think you have seen it all!!! A classic example is the KR-94 J.A. McCoach poison bottle. You would think as intricate as it is that they would have made several of them. As of today there is only one example known too exist. WHO KNOWS!!! Your bottle could be ONE OF A KIND!!! Congradulations on this find!!!!!!

epackage

Reaction score
PM sent Jerry, now you just need a cap...Jim[;)]

Longhunter

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: jerry2143

I have never seen this bottle before. I almost positive that is English. England is just about the only country that embossed the word POISON on the bottom front panel of their bottles. Some examples are the KC-54, KJ-19, KR-11, KR-70, KS-3 and KS-33. Some Australian bottles have POISON embossed on the lower front but they all have other embossing above on the same panel. Since it is a screw cap that pretty well puts it between the 20's and the present day. I personally think it is from the 30's to 40's. I personally think it is a great find. A lot of collectors don't collect screw caps. I would be interested in one if you run across another one. Maybe we could work out a trade on something I have for sale. I have been collecting POISON bottles for thirty five years. I know one thing for sure DON'T  EVER think you have seen it all!!! A classic example is the KR-94 J.A. McCoach poison bottle. You would think as intricate as it is that they would have made several of them. As of today there is only one example known too exist. WHO KNOWS!!! Your bottle could be ONE OF A KIND!!! Congradulations on this find!!!!!!

Thanks for the insight Jerry!
If I see another one then it is definitely yours.
Screw cap or stopper top...... I like 'em all.

Mike

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Longhunter

Thanks for the insight Jerry!
If I see another one then it is definitely yours.
Screw cap or stopper top...... I like 'em all.

Mike
I sent him a link to one on E-Bay Mike, I haven't heard back from him....It's missing it's cap...Jim

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FABULOUS-Antique-7-EMERALD-GREEN-RIBBED-embossed-POISON-Bottle-/320861035733?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab4cedcd5

jerry2143

Reaction score
Hi Jim,
Thanks for the information about the poison bottle on ebay. I have been away from home so I am just getting back too you. I am fixing too make him an offer and go from there. I hope to be able return the favor too you some day. I greatly appreciate the information and your time spent finding this bottle!!!! Thanks again!!!!
Jerry

Poison_Us

Reaction score
You asked, and now they are popping out of the woodwork like nobodies business....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PAIR-OF-1920s-POISON-BOTTLES-/130686475225?pt=UK_Collectables_Bottle_Pots_ET&hash=item1e6d855bd9

also missing caps. [>:]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac