Insulator dump found

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

143Tallboy

Reaction score
Hey Jack, it was nice to meet you and your son at the swap last weekend. It looked like you sold quite a few, I know I was glad to get a few of the insulators you've found. Keep us updated on your finds, is sounds like a really great dump you've found.

Chris

jaroadshow

Reaction score
Hi Chris : It was very nice to meet you also. I had a great time. I didn't stay to eat because I had to get home to repair my wife's car. To keep you updated , My son and I went back to the insulator dump this past weekend and my son dug up another Canadian Boston. Not mint ( as in the previous two ) , but a great find nontheless. I haven't had a chance to clean it up yet , but I will post a few views of it.
I also picked up the Canadian Boston we dug over a month ago we left there. It is missing the top portion. I will post pictures of it also.

Nice to hear from you! Keep watching soon for pictures.

jaroadshow ( Jack )

Brains

Reaction score
that's pretty cool that you are finding those, they're pretty tough insulators- hope to see the pictures when you post them, and hopefully you find some more good stuff

143Tallboy

Reaction score
There should be some no name insulators in that dump too, and they can be valuable. The CD 143 is especially sought after by most Canadian collectors, that's the small beehive shape similar to the Montreal Telegraph or Great Northwester Telegraph, and the no-names do comes in some slightly different shapes. You know you have a CD 143 if it has no inner skirt, some have rounded bases and others are taller than a normal 143, these can be valuable. Also, keep an eye out for those GNW Dwight Pattern insulators, they are tough to find and even chipped they are worth something to collectors.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky