1 known to exist Marquette soda bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey Jonah,
I am a Wisconsin bottle nut. The Wisconsin crown top king, a guy by the name of Ryan, has taken a leave from collecting crowns. I think he feared that it was taking too much time and he has eased back a bit. Once he gets things back in perspective, he may return to it, who knows? Now, the person most interested in it would be a guy named Roger Peters. He's a great guy who wrote our best bottle guide Wisconsin Soda Water Bottles (1996). Roger will pay top dollar and he does try to keep an eye on ebay. If he already has the bottle, however, he will not bid on it or buy it. (And his collection is vast).

BTW: The guy that runs Mrbottles has no interest in collecting crowns (personally). So, he is unlikely to make you an offer for it. Also, damage can affect the value. Few bottles can sustain chips and still be off the charts in value. Hope this helped.

jonahtroy

Reaction score
thanks for the info about Roger. I found his contact info and will contact him shortly.

jonahtroy

Reaction score
I recieved a reply today from Roger and it turns out that he was the person on ebay looking for 1 without case wear. Well, looks like I need to find another buyer...

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Sorry Jonah. I think that was your best bet. You could do what others advised; throw it on ebay for a ten dollar starting bid and see how it goes. Be sure to carefully list all the damage so that there is no buyer's remorse.

jonahtroy

Reaction score
i feel like if I put it on ebay i wouldnt even get 20$. I'm going to see if i can find a buyer

dw3000

Reaction score
That may be all it's worth. If it's a desirable bottle, people will bid.

jonahtroy

Reaction score
It may be all it's worth, but i'd rather have a very rare bottle than 20$.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94