Could someone help me know more about this bottle?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

nlan8980

Reaction score
I believe it is called the seeing eye bottle, but that's all I know. What is the current value? Who's it by, etc. Thanks a lot.

20120508021930.jpg

20120508022022.jpg
20120508022006.jpg

20120508022151.jpg
20120508022241.jpg

Sir.Bottles

Reaction score
I can't find the photo...I guess everybody here likes photo...or it is just my computer.

botlguy

Reaction score
That is, indeed, a fine, authentic, desireable flask. It is from 1820 - 30 period. It is undoubtably from one of the New England glass houses. I am not up on current flask values, although I do have a small (40 +/-) collection of them, but I would think $250 - $300 is a decent range. I know that Jeff Noordsey could pin it down closer. I haven't looked it up in McKearin - Wilson so it may be one of the rarer variants.

At the very least, that is an excellent flask. Care to tell us the back story about it? We're all interested.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hello Nlan8990 It is a truly fantastic bottle. I haven't seen anything about it in all my reading and years of checking out old glass. I am sure most of us would appreciated learning more about this one. RED Matthews

bottle_head9

Reaction score
Your bottle is listed in Mckearins American Glass as GIV-43. It is thought to be from a New England glass house.Probably Stoddard, NH. The bottle is listed as common, but I can tell you that it doesn`t come up for sale very often.As far a price, I believe it to be in the $600.00 to $900.00 range.Depending on condition.I personally would pay $600.00 for the bottle, so it`s worth at least that much.It may be worth much more.I was waiting for others to chime in ,but nobody has.You have a very desirable bottle, and I would certainly get a few opinions on value.Nice find...[:)]

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: bottle_head9

Your bottle is listed in Mckearins American Glass as GIV-43. It is thought to be from a New England glass house.Probably Stoddard, NH. The bottle is listed as common, but I can tell you that it doesn`t come up for sale very often.As far a price, I believe it to be in the $600.00 to $900.00 range.Depending on condition.I personally would pay $600.00 for the bottle, so it`s worth at least that much.It may be worth much more.I was waiting for others to chime in ,but nobody has.You have a very desirable bottle, and I would certainly get a few opinions on value.Nice find...[:)]
What was said but no offer, I can't afford it. Looks very nice and crisp but I can't tell if that's a burst bubble in front or what in the first pic. Condition would be key.

bottle_head9

Reaction score
I`m not offering to buy the bottle.I`m just saying I would pay $600.00 for it if it were for sale at that price...

cowseatmaize

Reaction score

I`m not offering to buy the bottle.I`m just saying I would pay $600.00 for it if it were for sale at that price...
Probably a good thing. I looked around a bit more and it appears that the 200-400 range is more likely but still condition, color etc. is key. It is a rather plain type for the most part, still very nice though and something to be proud of.
Maybe $600 would be tops for an excellent example?

bottle_head9

Reaction score
I`ll stick to my original assesment.That flask doesn`t come up very often for sale.I do appreciate you watching out for my investments though.[;)]
ORIGINAL: cowseatmaize

Probably a good thing. I looked around a bit more and it appears that the 200-400 range is more likely but still condition, color etc. is key. It is a rather plain type for the most part, still very nice though and something to be proud of.
Maybe $600 would be tops for an excellent example?

nlan8980

Reaction score
Wow, you have all been very helpful. I'm not sure if I'd be willing to part with it. It is from my grandfathers collection. He has been downsizing his collection and has passed it on to me. He had over 100 bottles if not more beautifully displayed in his office. I believe this particular one he received from an older friend back in the 70's or so. I wish I had more to tell you. It is in excellent condition, as far as the burst bubble I'm not to sure about that as I am new to collecting.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado