Hillsboro milk

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

accountantadam

Reaction score
Picked this one up yesterday at the mansfield show. Its as close to mint as anything I have, definitely would be hard to improve on it.

473FEF205A4D4687B4EA0F658C6D89C7.jpg

Attachments

• 473FEF205A4D4687B4EA0F658C6D89C7.jpg
    473FEF205A4D4687B4EA0F658C6D89C7.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 105

LC

Reaction score
Nice milk Dan , those Hillsboro bottles are hard to come by . I have a Hillsboro milk out in the garage with a Scottsman on it . Got a pint and a quart I think . I used to have one with an embossed kid wearing a crown if I remember right . Crown Dairy I think , been too long ago for me to remember exactly .

LC

Reaction score
I came into a bunch of old stock ice cream and butter cartons some years ago . Let them go in the auction I had , kicked myself for doing that ever since being there apparently was no one there from Hillsboro to get them , they went for little of nothing . The ice creams were dated in the thirties . Can't remember what the name of them were , wish I had kept at least a pair of them .

I have been thinking of selling the Scottsman bottle as I am not a real fan of Hillsboro bottles , will let you know if I decide to so so , they are in mint condition .

LC

Reaction score
I never found much from Hillsboro . Some milk bottles , a few C. S. Bell bells , and those dairy cartons , and some crown top pop bottles , never did hear anything about insulators though . I am between twenty to twenty five miles south west of there , and I never did search that area hard for some reason . Found all the stuff I came up with at other places other than Hillsboro .

accountantadam

Reaction score
LC - definitely keep me in mind if you decide to part with the hillsboro bottles. Could your ice cream containers have been from owens?

I don't think there's a ton of stuff from hillsboro in the way of bottles. I know there was a hillsboro bottling works at one time. A couple guys told me there is at least one hutch out there, but i've not seen it yet. there are a few drug store bottles out there, and mckeehan hietand grocery co. had their own bottle, even though they weren't in business that long.

LC

Reaction score
Will do Dan .I will have to look at some of the bottles out in the building when I have some actual time to do so . I don't know if I still have any bottles from there or not .

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu