Ebay srikes again!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottle_head9

Reaction score
I just found out that not only did I lose a $350.00 Stihl chainsaw, I have to pay the recipient of the saw, an extra $350.00!! I sent the saw with delivery confirmation, but not signature confirmation, so although it shows the item was delivered.It doesn`t mean the buyer recieved it.[:mad:][:mad:] So Ebay of course sided for the buyer.[:mad:][:mad:] I know its my own fault, but the real kicker is the buyer opened the case 1 day before the saw actually shows being delivered...[:mad:]Can you say $700.00. That would buy a nice flask!!!

epackage

Reaction score
Make sure to open up your own case with the post office, it would be a crime that a postal inspector will follow up on. There could be a camera showing the postal worker loading it onto his truck for delivery, or something else proving it was there. The postal inspector will even go to the guys house for an interview....

bottle_head9

Reaction score
Thanks Jim, I just got off the phone with the post master in Elk River Minnesota.He asked me to call back this afternoon.He was gonna check with his carrier.I was able to find out that it is a very rural area, and that many of the houses have long driveways.Do you think it would be a waste of time to call the local police in that town and report a stolen item?i tried to get a phone number for the buyer, but no luck.

epackage

Reaction score
Ebay doesn't have a phone number for the buyer? That sucks....

I would handle it thru the Post Office at first...

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
I'd recommend always insuring items that expensive.

how do you figure $700? The buyer paid you , you refund the money, you are out of the saw whatever its worth $350?

LC

Reaction score
I have always thought that was the purpose of sending an item by delivery confirmation that the person had to sign for it . Learn something every day .

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
I think the postal delivery person scans the ticket when they drop the item off.
No interaction with the addressee is involved.

Insurance requires a signiture.

bottle_head9

Reaction score
Your right Matt, it is $350.00. The buyer just got a free saw out of the deal..#350.00 would still buy a nice flask..
ORIGINAL: AntiqueMeds

how do you figure $700? The buyer paid you , you refund the money, you are out of the saw whatever its worth $350?

LC

Reaction score
I am sure you are right Matt , don't know what the devil I have been thinking all these years . I have sold many items on eBay and had sent many items delivery confirmation thinking the buyer would have to sign for it . Thankfully , I never once had a problem with any of them .

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Over $50, maybe it's a hundred, insured has to be signed for, or used to. I don't know if anyone can sign or not, ie the neighbor or family dog. I think to have the actual recipient sign for it cost extra. It's still a good idea that someone signs.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown