Bitters Flasks Medicines ...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Plumbata

Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised if it got 50 or more, but 30 would be my comfortable limit. Find one from Peoria, IL and we'll talk though! I collect 32 ounce pharmacy bottles from wherever; only have embossed BIM ones so far but an ACL would be cool. Got a 16 ounce ABM cork-top ACL (or painted, it seems purdy old) pharm which is pretty cool. Haven't seen a cork-top before or since I got that one.

I only have 1 dump where one can find the ACL pharms (along with WW2 milks) but they really don't hold up too well. I'm no expert regarding ACL or pyroglaze bottles, but it seems that the pharms, versus milks or sodas, deteriorate far more readily than the labels on returnable bottles. Since they weren't intended for multiple cycles of return and reuse I'd bet that a different process was used to make them. In this dump the ACL is very well preserved on all but the Pharms.

I found a "Bogard's" pharmacy bottle from Peoria in this dump some time after I became acquainted with the owner of the last remaining of 6 Bogard's drug stores which used to operate in my area. She had a display case with old bottles/memorabilia, and had awesome stuff like blocks of camphor, essential oils, and 99% isopropanol, so I liked to visit. Gave her some old patent med and local BIM pharmacy bottles for her case which she loved, but after I dug the 6 ounce ACL Bogard's bottle, and found a 1963 pill vial with a paper label from the pharmacy and gave them to her it was clear that she couldn't be happier. She had to restrain herself from jumping over and giving me a bear hug, haha. I'd never seen one before but figured it belonged with her. Suppose I can always try to dig another.

Anyway, good luck with your sales, and keep me in mind if you acquire any Peoria, IL items![:)]

jays emporium

Reaction score
I'm bringing back this post because I just listed all the drug store bottles on ebay. I got 37 drug store bottles together for this auction including all the ones people asked about. The owl bottle and the giant Mississippi ACL bottle and all the rest from all over. They start at $9.99 or less, with no reserve, so anyone who is interested please bid. That Mississippi bottle is going to a new home for some price, we'll see how much. Thanks for looking.
Jay

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sadis=200&_sasl=jays-emporium&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_fss=1&_sacat=0&_samihi=&_fpos=&_oexkw=&_fsradio=%26LH_SpecificSeller%3D1&_sop=1&_nkw=&_okw=&_fsct=&_saslop=1&_samilow=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_sabdhi=&_ftrv=1&_udlo=&_sabdlo=&_adv=1&_dmd=1&_pgn=2&_skc=50&rt=nc

carobran

Reaction score
I probably won't try for the Decator ACL,But I'm pretty tempted to go after that Canton one.

epackage

Reaction score
I hope the good sales keep going with this group too Jay, best of luck...[;)]

carobran

Reaction score
I might try for it Jay,I've been buying alot lately so the bottle funds are pretty low. Just have to see how high it and the Canton go,Thanks for thinking of me.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94