Huge Find 5/29

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
Damn, yall are a sensitive bunch are yall not?

No morals or scruples though, and I'll stand by that.

Just glad none of you will ever make it to my house.......I'd have to have eyes in the back of my head.

Like I said there is more to this story than we are being told.........because noboby is going to leave these bottles just laying around........bottom line. Now if you or the rest of ya want to go on and justify this to meet your on ends, be my guest.

The only thing I'm hearing is "Well they left em here, so that must mean they don't want them." or "They should have protected them better" now that is a strong and most convincing argument.

Jealous? Hell no.......why would I be.

And surf..........I really don't give a crap what you think.

.......Then again I do have people like the likes of yall......when my house burned in 98 I caught people digging through the remains of my house. Their logic was "Your house burned and you do not live here no more, and all this is junk now. So we figgered it would be ok............."

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Well I get where you're coming from now, Pat.. people pillaged your burnt out place and this is somehow reminding you of that.. I am sorry that happened to you, but I'd be hesitant to make the comparison.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: CazDigger

Congrats on an awesome find!! I agree with Matt. Not sure what it is, when someone has good fortune, others try to( knock them down.) I see it on deer hunting websites too. If someone shoots a big buck, they are automatically labeled as photoshopped - hoaxes or worse - poachers. Not everyone is going to get lucky, no matter how hard you work at it, but luck favors those who work hard.

Ahhhh the good ole "Puce Eagle" day's that had to be the record for non stop "knock um down" jealousy. I don't care what you say or who you are, most of the bickering comes from jealousy even if it is subconsciously. (ohhhh im not jealous) bullchitt.

"Not everyone is going to get lucky, no matter how hard you work at it, but luck favors those who work hard".

Best quote I heard in a long time.

tftfan

Reaction score
WOW.... ! My mom has been growing these since I was a kid... just thought we could use a break. and.... those are some cool bottles.

2347ADC4B2D3489C8CB06845E261A7E2.jpg

Attachments

• 2347ADC4B2D3489C8CB06845E261A7E2.jpg
    2347ADC4B2D3489C8CB06845E261A7E2.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 77

mf150

Reaction score
I haven't dug a bottle in my life, yet. I'm not jealous when I see extraordinary outcomes like this. I'm freakin inspired!
Going to the Sierra-Nevada Mountians in a few days--home of the California Gold Rush--, and I am hopeful to have some of the OP's luck. If I find anything during my hikes, I'll take lots of pictures. :)

Congrats to the OP! ;)

ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

Congrats on an awesome find!! I agree with Matt. Not sure what it is, when someone has good fortune, others try to( knock them down.) I see it on deer hunting websites too. If someone shoots a big buck, they are automatically labeled as photoshopped - hoaxes or worse - poachers. Not everyone is going to get lucky, no matter how hard you work at it, but luck favors those who work hard.

Ahhhh the good ole "Puce Eagle" day's that had to be the record for non stop "knock um down" jealousy. I don't care what you say or who you are, most of the bickering comes from jealousy even if it is subconsciously. (ohhhh im not jealous) bullchitt.

"Not everyone is going to get lucky, no matter how hard you work at it, but luck favors those who work hard".

lexdigger

Reaction score
Damn. You know, I found a 700 dollar bottle just LAYING on the ground at a permission I had. It was a construction site and the workers had tossed it off to the side for me to look at. Had it piled up with a bunch of slicks and commons... yet somehow it survived, perfectly MINT!

The fact of the matter is that when you get permission from the Property Owner and they tell you to take Whatever you WANT that is there... that's THAT. To argue someones character based upon speculation is pathetic.

And yes, I have seen HUNDREDS of bottles just Laying on the ground before. People collect them from Wherever and keep them because they think they are cool... but then loose interest. It's not uncommon or unheard of. Some diggers in NYC dug some Killa pits in the backyard of an abandoned house that had a HUGE antique bottle collecting Book and Magazine collection inside of the house. Just imagine, the previous tenants were so into Bottles but never found the huge Hoard of them that were buried in their backyard... many of which were pictured in the books and mags!!! LOSERS WEEPERS!!! LMAO!!!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
It's easy for bottle people to forget that people who are not bottle people really aren't bottle people.. I mean it takes a seasoned eye to spot a good one from a junker. I'm sure well over 99% of the population does not possess this ability to recognize a good one from a pile of dirty old bottles lyin' around outside.. and most people would not even be curious.. lots of them would have fun breaking them, some would consider them a safety hazard, esp. today's mommies..
..so yes, there are 'unwanted' valuable bottles all over the place.. we've all heard the stories.. even read them right here about that amazingly cheap yard sale finds or flea market pick-ups.. Craig's list deals.. the only reason antique bottles even have any value at all is because they can be sold for a profit by the lucky expert who got in low, and knows how to market them to those who want them. Same with lots of collectibles and antiques.. you can tell someone something is worth a lot of money but if they are not interested in it, or their life is already sufficiently bountiful and/or focused on other endeavors, they just won't care. I see that a lot. It's why I don't worry about digger TV shows. If anything, I worry how FEW people are interested in this particular hobby.. we need more fresh recruits into the bottle bugdom or else we're all gonna shrivel up and die with our collections thrown in a dumpster by the landlord.. who, incidentally, doesn't care about old bottles..

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: mf150

I haven't dug a bottle in my life, yet. I'm not jealous when I see extraordinary outcomes like this. I'm freakin inspired!
Going to the Sierra-Nevada Mountians in a few days--home of the California Gold Rush--, and I am hopeful to have some of the OP's luck. If I find anything during my hikes, I'll take lots of pictures. :)

Congrats to the OP! ;)

ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

There are a few types of jealousy. Some people get all worked up and mad because they didn't dig the "good bottle/bottles" posted on the forum.That turns into ranting and raving.It goes on and on and on and on.and the thread gets longer.
It is all pent up inside of them.It is a way to get their frustrations out. They will not admit they are jealous but they are.Some people are just big baby's.
Dr Phil will tell ya.[8D]

Then there is the other type of jealous. You see a great bottle on the forum ,you are happy for the guy who dug it and you want that to happen to you real soon.
"man I wish I could just walk on a lot and find a barrel of great bottles like you did" I'm jealous" and inspired at the same time.

I hope that straighten that chit out

I fall into the second category

There stuff that in your clay pipe and smoke it [:D]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown