CASPERS WHISKEY w/FAKE LABEL

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

whiskeyman

Reaction score
Think Brian and I had discussed this bottle before but I couldn't locate the thread.
It's a clear BIM label only rectangular flask-like bottle. Currently one listed on eBay. I emailed the seller and informed him it was a fake label. I was emailed back by his son, seems the seller is in the hospital ICU unit. Son said, thanks for the info and he would take it up with the winning bidder...??
here's a pic...and the auction url...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6258075417&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Fd90592.jpg

whiskeyman

Reaction score
Here's what I told him...
Were you aware this bottle has a fake label upon it, made in about 1970 by a fellow who lives in Pulaski VA ??? He had bought a couple os cases of the plain bottles at a local auction. Printed up the labels himself and placed them on the bottles and sold them as a gag bottle. He also created similar labels noted as: Hellers Bros. Bitters/Bristol, Va. Also fakes.
Sorry to bust your bubble.

AND...his reply...

Hello. I am answering for my father, who has taken very ill and is currently in ICU. I appreciate you telling me and I will follow up with the winning bidder.

whiskeyman

Reaction score
You guys have heard of key word spamming? Well, the guy that cooked up these labels used "keywords" ta make it appeal to collectors of various categories of bottles.
Bitters...Whiskey...Cure...Female Weakness...Tonic...and of course: Casper
Fatigue is also mis-spelled...futigue.

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Yeah , I saw it Charlie . I can't believe all the bids on it .
Even Corky bid on it I believe ?
The label isn't even a good fake ! Most early bottle labels were usually quite graphic. Well , at least the Bitters were.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Interesting, it's got all the same marks and the same little knick. It's the same label if you ask me.

bearswede

Reaction score
Did you see this...?

"In Memory of Twofromsalem, My Best Friend, Mentor, and Father"

Ron

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member