Rowlands MACASSAR OIL For The Hair Kirby St London

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

diggerdirect

Reaction score
Went on a 'road trip' last weekend got into a really old place, two pits, first one was 1860s - 1890s, second pit was the older of the two! Unfortunately the majority of stuff, especially deeper down, was broken. This little guy came out near the bottom of the oldest pit. 3 1/2" tall, open pontil, flared lip (some damage), seems to be a light bluish aqua not clear. Embossed ROWLANDS - MACASSAR / OIL - FOR THE HAIR - KIRBY ST. / LONDON Has the look & feel of an American made bottle to me, anyone know?

oil1.jpg

oil2.jpg

oil3.jpg

oil4.jpg

oil6.jpg

oil7.jpg

One major major bummer. [:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(] was a deep olive amber Dr. Phelps Arcanum Genuine broken up

Also traumatically injured were a pair of Gallon size cathedral pickles in light green pontiled broken up and a beautiful green Cornucopia/Urn pint busted along with several good jars (Potter & Bodine, A Stone, 1/2 dozen Millvilles, ect.)

Thanks for looking

Al

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
Sure looks American to me. I wouldnt be surprised if it was a counterfeit product.
Its got some horrible embossing. Looks like they embossed it late at night on a weekend after a round of drinks.
very nice.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky