Coating bottles is a bad idea

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

splante

Reaction score
I would like to get back to his original point what are they "coating" the bottles with?

peejrey

Reaction score
Hey Splante, Check out here: https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/Adding-vs-Subtracting%25%25/m-522750/tm.htm
This post was by someone who was disgruntled by a new idea, and had no since to post any comments on the rightful page...They were to busy being angry to keep it in the confines of the proper thread, and wasted bandwidth to expel their anger. Personally this thread should be either deleted, or the proper comments moved to their proper place, but that's not my decision.
Hope that helped!
_Preston

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: peejrey

Hey Splante, Check out here: https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/Adding-vs-Subtracting%25%25/m-522750/tm.htm
This post was by someone who was disgruntled by a new idea, and had no since to post any comments on the rightful page...They were to busy being angry to keep it in the confines of the proper thread, and wasted bandwidth to expel their anger. Personally this thread should be either deleted, or the proper comments moved to their proper place, but that's not my decision.
Hope that helped!
_Preston

Here here it definitely sucks the "positive" right out of me thus bombarding me with negative thoughts. No good

splante

Reaction score
just read the older post...touchy subject

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I want to hear everybody's opinion about it, meantime I am monitoring the results of some tests..

texasdigger

Reaction score
This is by far the most hot button subject on this forum. I will forever remember the multi-page novel thread on the subject. If you want to coat a bottle in something removable, and either disclose or remove it prior to sell more power to ya. I would rather buy a coated bottle than a over tumbled one any day of the week.

Fever I have been around here for a minute, and found some of the most helpful collectors I have ever seen in the hobby. At some point you will find them too, but I wonder if they would be willing to help someone with an attitude like yours?

The Can Kid

Reaction score
Surfaceone, I have to ask, what the heck is that... thing in the picture? It looks like a giant human head!

I would never coat a bottle, mainly because I don't know what would happen. What does it do? Make the bottle shinier? I do paint my bottles though, although they're not original, it's no fun having to walk up and take a bottle from my own display just to see what it says.[;)]

LC

Reaction score
I coated this bottle with clear lacquer Dario , only bottle I ever coated . I wanted to see if it would make it clear as it was stained and you could not see through it . As you can see , it cleared it up , looked pretty good to me . As stated , I never wanted to do another . If you would want to tumble it , it would make it even harder to clean .

98D3933DDCD34D1AB806AA8189569460.jpg

Attachments

• 98D3933DDCD34D1AB806AA8189569460.jpg
    98D3933DDCD34D1AB806AA8189569460.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 82

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler