My first post, looking for Dr. Pepper Information

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

joshvox

Reaction score
Currently live in Mississippi-originally from Ohio
Hello everyone,
I'm brand new here, and I'd like to extend my greetings to all of you. I collect Dr. Pepper bottles of all kinds, but up until now, I was just a casual collector. I'm getting more and more interested now, and I'd like to learn as much as I can. I was talking to a guy at an antique mall over the weekend who told me there was a pretty decent Dr. Pepper collecting book available, and that the people at this forum would be able to point me in the right direction. I have not been able to find it, does anyone know what it is called and where I can get a copy? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks! --Josh

splante

Reaction score
ive seen two before one was the legend of DR. Pepper and the other was something like road to dr pepper, not sure how good they are for the collector(only one pepper in my collection) but you might be able to view sample pages on amazon .com

jays emporium

Reaction score
I have an online version of a good DP bottle book I can email you but I need your regular email address. Can't attach it through the ABN email system.
Where are you located, Josh? Most DP collectors tend to be in Texas and most of the pre-1920 DP bottles turn up here. I sell a lot of Dr Pepper bottles. I have a couple of Thief bottles and a tooled top Circle A and a Ft Worth Artesia bottle available right now, plus a couple hundred debossed clear and green bottles and red & white ACL bottles. I'll have many of them at the Houston bottle show July 13-14.
Jay

jays emporium

Reaction score
https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/The-true-story-of-Dr-Pepper-by-W%25H%25-McCullough%2C-Waco%2C-texas/m-520689/tm.htm
Here is an old post you might want to look at. There are several other Dr Pepper related posts around the end of May 2012.

joshvox

Reaction score
Thanks alot, I'll check those out. After doing a little more searching on the site, I found out that the title of the book I'm looking for is "Dr. Pepper collectible bottles, identification and values" by Ray H. Duncan. Still haven't found it for sale anywhere though. Would love a copy if anyone has one for sale.

joshvox

Reaction score
Hey Jay, I'm in Mississippi. I'd love a copy of the book. My email address is:

haidet.6 @ gmail . com (no spaces obviously).

I'd also love to see what you have for sale. Not sure if I'm going to be spending a lot of money just yet (most of my bottles cost $3-5), but I may still be interested. Thanks!

ORIGINAL: jays emporium

I have an online version of a good DP bottle book I can email you but I need your regular email address. Can't attach it through the ABN email system.
Where are you located, Josh? Most DP collectors tend to be in Texas and most of the pre-1920 DP bottles turn up here. I sell a lot of Dr Pepper bottles. I have a couple of Thief bottles and a tooled top Circle A and a Ft Worth Artesia bottle available right now, plus a couple hundred debossed clear and green bottles and red & white ACL bottles. I'll have many of them at the Houston bottle show July 13-14.
Jay

acls

Reaction score
Try contacting forum memebr: texas.bottle.man2 - He helped write one of the books on DP.

jays emporium

Reaction score
Josh, I have forwarded you a copy of the book you are looking for by Duncan 2004. Let me know whether you get it or not.
You are allowed to put a regular email address in the posts here, you don't have to code it like you have to on ebay sometimes.
Jay

hemihampton

Reaction score
Do you collect old Dr. Pepper cans. I may have some extras. LEON.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora