Kovels' 13th...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bearswede

Reaction score
For all you Kovels' haters, here's the latest...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1400047307/104-8247053-3801513?v=glance&n=283155

Ron

Caretaker maine

Reaction score
you think it's the same as last years with differant prices? I would get it if they changed the bottles pics around ,then you could use it for IDs, the price in any book means nothing if you can't sell it for that price

PhilaBottles

Reaction score
oh man...

One of my good friends was doing a bottle show a while back. He had a blue squat on his table marked for $150.00.

Kovels daughter was walking around the bottle show. She was there to get prices for the new book that was coming out.

Then, she walked up to Tom's table. She started writing down the bottle and the price. My buddy Tom asked her what she was doing. She told him, and he said, "that doesnt work." She replied with a blank stare.

This is what he explained...if someone is selling a bottle at a bottle show for $150, and they dont sell it...then at the end of the day, someone walks up and offers $125 for it...what says hes not going to take it??

Sooooo...the $150 price she is writing down is uselessssssss!

now, this is way before ebay...

with ebay, something is only worth what you can get for it. i cannot stress this enough. if someone was willing to pay $125 for that blue squat, thats what it was worth.

haaaaa. some people just dont understand...

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Kovels is a little misleading also...... because they have no condition listed.
I'll stick to my Auction report...... it has condition issues listed .

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
I bought several copies of Kovels new book, one for Wendy and I. I found the ink and med listings are skimpy at best with no real descriptions,variants or fine details. It is OK but definitely not as good as Matt Knapps med book. (GuntherHess on this forum) My 2 cents worth..... Taz

walkingstick

Reaction score
I have been keeping track of the ebay auctions. Granted, there are some folks who bid on anything, so I keep track of several auctions of the same bottle making note of condition , or issues with any given bottle. I will automatically throw out the auction result that was way out of line with the others and chalk it up to bidder ego (ignorance) or bidder "gotta have it at any price today".

Kovel's is a pretty book and has nice information, but I will not use it as a pricing guide.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado