Senior Member Bottle Master

Fake Hartshorns toted as real

Most experienced collectors know that the Dr. Hartshorn's Family Medicines bottles were widely reproduced by the Crownford China Co. in a variety of wild colors. I was appalled to see one being toted as real with a bunch of bids up to $42. I informed the seller, hoping he was just dumb, but threatened to report him if he didn't correct the listing. Let's see what happens...

Ebay

RE: Fake Hartshorns toted as real

Looks like a fail on the bids.. [;)] ..cuzza diss:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails D70EE0FFA41B411E929F3E0C15065C8D.jpg  

The seller pulled it after I messaged him. I do like happy endings!

Senior Member Bottle Master andy volkerts's Avatar

good deal!! we dont need any more sellers out there selling fakes then we allready have, but policing flea-bay is kinda like herding cats, impossible! you get one seller edjumacated and three more take their place, but, I know ya gotta try. I now after three years of really trying to educate sellers only go after the ones who are really blatant, like the scumbagg who is selling the topless Drakes bitters right now, implying it is unique in style, and valuable. it has a 40 somehing dollar bid on it and he refuses to take the auction down........[:@][:@]