Old Soda Bottle from Atmore, AL

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
Hello all! This is my first time to post anything here. My sister and I have been researching bottles that my parents dug from an abandoned dump in Brewton, AL back in the late 1960s. This website came up again and again! I need some help on some info about a bottling company from Atmore, AL. We have 3 soda bottles from Pipkin Bottling Company and one from Bama Beverages. All 4 bottles say they were bottled in Atmore, AL. Three bottles are ACL and one is embossed. The ACL bottles are "Bama Beverages", "Whistle", and "Pip's Beverage". The embossed bottle is "Quality Beverage". I tried to upload a photo but it says my file is too large. I will try again. Anyone out there know anything that might help me about the history and worth of these bottles? They are really cool!
Thanks!

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hello girls,

Welcome to this place. Did you see wonkapete / Jerry's?

129-1.jpg
From.

"I also wrote that year that Marvin, Zelma and James Pipkin sold their Pipkin Pepsi Cola Bottling Company to Hooper Matthews and Ralph Durrett." From.

"Marvin Pipkin and his brothers began a soft drink bottling company in the 1940s. Various soft drinks were processed at their company and they successfully distributed their bottled sodas in the same manner as Sandy did. Their drink routes extended into surrounding counties." From.

See Pipkin Bottling Co. disolved 7/23/1966.

Reaction score
Pipkin's must have bottled lots of sodas. I have never seen one like the one in the middle. I can't get my picture to upload, it keeps saying the file is too large... any help?

surfaceone

Reaction score
Did'ya read the Users' Guide?

There's another method, if you've got your photos on a hosting site, but methinks you've gotta put some pixels in the shrinkerator.

7869__x400_incredible_shrinking_man_poster_02.jpg

Reaction score
Here is the picture of my soda bottles from Pipkin Bottling Company. The Bama Beverages bottle says it was bottled by Bama Beverages in Atmore, AL just like Pipkin Bottling Company. My sister and I are curious as to how common these bottles might be. Anyone know about how much they are worth? Thanks!

A7BC79A8C9A5440BB45E56A34796C1CF.jpg

Attachments

• A7BC79A8C9A5440BB45E56A34796C1CF.jpg
    A7BC79A8C9A5440BB45E56A34796C1CF.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 134

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hello again,

I find that the Bama Beverages is on Chris Weide's Want List.

"BAMA BEVERAGES ATMORE AL CLEAR 10 BLUE AND WHITE "BAMA BEVERAGES" ON LARGE ALABAMA MAP (B) PIPIN BOTTLING CO."

My thought was that Bama & Pipkin are two glass peas from the Pipkin pod, confirmed by this old what'sthepoint listing.

Don't know if y'all are in the Atmore vicinity, but you might find more information there locally. The Pepsi bottler may know...

It was a railroad and saw milling town back in the day.

320px-Atmoretrain10.jpg

epackage

Reaction score
The Whistle is a couple of dollars, the Bama could be a $50-75 bottle in great condition, in that condition it's a shot in the dark. The Pip's is interesting because there isn't much on it anywhere that I could find...Jim

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky