Poison Cobalt bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DugZ

Reaction score
does anyone have any infomation on a bottle like this (ebay photo)? History? What company (s)? What it was used for? value? Thanks

so far i've been told they are generic, though they do seem to be rather collectable i'm guessing for their color & the bones, anything more would be great though. Thanks again & best regards

E0826F73F98743358AD64BED155FD1BD.jpg

Attachments

• E0826F73F98743358AD64BED155FD1BD.jpg
    E0826F73F98743358AD64BED155FD1BD.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 93

jerry2143

Reaction score
Your bottle in the POISON world is know as a KR-6B. It was used by the H.K. Mulford Company out of Philadelphia, Pa.. There is also a variant of the KR-6B that is embossed on the base "H.K. Mulford Co. Philia. 82".Both bottles come in cobalt only. On to days market your bottle would probably bring $60 to $75. It would just depend on how bad someone needed it. The size of this bottle is 3 1/4 x 1 1/4 x 11/16. The bottle has the skull & crossed bones over the word POISON embossed on the two sides. The front and back panels are blank for the paper labels.
The KR-6 is embossed on the front panel "H.K. MULFORD/CHEMISTS/PHILADELPHIA". This bottle has the skull & crossed bones over the word POISON on both side panels. The back panel is blank for the label. This bottle comes in cobalt and amber. The size of the bottle is 3 1/4 x 1 7/16 x 7/8. The cobalt ones will bring around $100 to $150 on to days market. The amber is more rare than the cobalt. On to days market it could bring from around $500 to $800. Again it depends on who needs and what they are willing too pay for it with to days economy.
The label on my bottles says it held MERCURIC CHLORIDE. Most of the American poison bottles contents were used for antiseptic purposes. The labels usually come with certain mixture strengths. For example it would say one tablet in a pintt of water is equal to 1/1000 solution or may say one tablet in a pint of water makes approximately a 1/1000 solution. A majority of the pills were used as a disinfectant for surgical tools and equipment.

I hope this information is helpful too you. If you have other questions just let me know and I will gladly tell you what I can.

DugZ

Reaction score
WOW! Thank you. More than I was expecting. Thank you Jerry for sharing your vast knowledge, if I have any other Q's I will sure let you know.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora