Lucky day

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

luckiest

Reaction score
nice find, I don't go for hutchinsons, but that one is nice.

Conch times

Reaction score
Ok let me try to fix this, first I'm sorry mr Jim for upsetting you sir I have read some of your posts and I like the way you think. I was really just making a quick comment to what epackage said and I did not think every one would take it so seriously. I have no problem with eBay it's just that bottles especially key west bottles are worth more down here than away from here. I'm sure this holds true for any local bottle to a local collector. BTW I never said it was for sale, I just happened to show it to someone who wanted one for there collection and they offered me that 150. I would never sell something I found to make money just to buy the same bottle for cheaper, now don't get me wrong I have no problem selling or trading but I get more out of a bottle if I found it myself. Sorry to all I offended I'm still stumbling around here trying to learn what it's all about, I encourage anyone to please tell me when I cross lines. I LOVE this forum and have been in contact with some great people because of this place and I don't want to mess that up. Thanks for listening, Jay

MichaelFla

Reaction score
A bottle is worth what you can sell it for or what you pay for it. I recently picked this same bottle up for less than $100 from a person in Key West directly (not through auction websites). You should take the $150 and buy another cheaper, because it seems even in Key West they aren't that valuable. IMHO.

glass man

Reaction score
Nice!!The only thing I worry bout is you said piles of things contaminated were stock piled there?Hope you don't get sick from any of the contaminated stuff!JAMIE

botlguy

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Conch times

Ok let me try to fix this, first I'm sorry mr Jim for upsetting you sir I have read some of your posts and I like the way you think.

Jay, you did not upset me in the least, so you are forgiven, if that is even necessary. I also have the tendancy to pop off when I shouldn't. You are an asset to these forums.

Conch times

Reaction score
Hello all, so here's the thing I'm wondering does everyone actually read the whole post before they pop off? I mean I try to clear things up and I still catch smack from earlier in the post, I don't get it. I'm happy for everyone who can get a deal from wherever they can get it but there is no rule that says what I have should be less valuable because you can find it somewhere else cheaper. Yes you can find some great deals on eBay and from other people as well but I'm not out there hocking my stuff! If someone approaches me and we can work something out that's awesome and if not that's fine too. Just because alot of people ask about value first does not mean I was, I like to post what I find and here you guys wonderful comments. BTW I can't say who you got your key west bottle from but this job site has produced thousands of bottles to a whole bunch of workers around here so I'm sure there are some great deals to be made. Mainly because they don't care about bottles or there value they are just trying t make a quick buck! Good luck to them and whoever they make deals with. O yea I would like to think we have taken enough precautions to not get sick from the material. We always where long pants, gloves and the old buff to breath through so hopefully we will be ok. Thanks for your concern, that's why I love this place you people are always lookin out! Thanks again for listening to me rant I hope it does more good than bad this time.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky