brick lined privy

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mtfdfire22

Reaction score
i wasnt gonna say it but i think you just did. haha. i think he is gone forever. no responses in quite some time

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: mtfdfire22

i wasnt gonna say it but i think you just did. haha. i think he is gone forever. no responses in quite some time

I know a lot of cool people from Kentucky
But there are rotten apples everywhere.
[:'(]

towhead

Reaction score
KNOCK it off you guys!

058675DE25014D1A94B55B07496081F2.jpg

Attachments

• 058675DE25014D1A94B55B07496081F2.jpg
    058675DE25014D1A94B55B07496081F2.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 90

glass man

Reaction score
I have seen "RED NECKS" all the way from Fla. up to New York State.....They used to be considered only from the SOUTH...but RED NECKS are like AZZ HOLES EVERY STATE HAS EM!![&:] JAMIE

glass man

Reaction score
I have seen lots of arguments on here..but dang on this topic![8D]

I hope nobody brings up a discussion of nails or all heck will break loose!![:D]JIMI

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
BOOM, BABY!! Maybe jimmartin should hook up with "American Diggers" and show 'em how it's done. I can see it now, episode 23, "A parged privy produces".[8D]

maxbitters

Reaction score
You guys are to funny arguing over something like this, get over it. There’s no substitute for experience and few others here have as much as Rick or have contributed to the hobby like he has. [/align] [/align]A few years ago in central S.F. I dug a huge bricked line privy for a big mansion that that took up almost an entire block. An excavator cut a ramp five feet deep and left a scatter of bricks for 50 feet along the alley. Finding the central location where the scatter came from I sat down and started pitching brick. No way to probe, it was solid brick but after about an hour of throwing brick and going down four more feet 5x5 walls were showing. What was really strange were the walls were plastered and perfectly smooth. Having my doubts about it being a good age because of the modern looking walls we continued deeper into a sand layer. We’re down almost 10 feet but still nothing not even a piece, it looked far to new. My partner was down in the hole when I heard his shovel go clunk on a bottle. I shouted down saying “Hey Jessie, got a mayonnaise jar?†He was silent, no response as he lifted to light for the first time in a 150 years a wicked green quart size iron pontiled utility bottle. It was all good after that, really good for another four feet being all 1850s material. I’ve not seen another smooth walled privy like that with this kind of age but they do exist........[/align]

diggerdirect

Reaction score
I learn something new every time I tune in here, its so much more than just a bottle site!

..everywhere I go... there is some thick necked red neck.....

Perhaps Mr. Martainn's middle name is Robert?? [8|]
But lets be clear, the thick necked reds hail from the woods of upstate New York, and all tho undoubtedly all related, are cousins to the regular & thin necked varieties.

MT1862

Reaction score
Nope it ain't...

Robert...that would be me...Robert Bohrn.....from Charleston SC. I moved to Ky. when I re-married 2 years ago.....an my reputations is stellar. Google my name.

Mr. Martin is from Ohio......just sayin...

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
bricked lined privy

ORIGINAL: MT1862

Robert...that would be me...Robert Bohrn.....from Charleston SC. I moved to Ky. when I re-married 2 years ago.....an my reputations is stellar. Google my name.

Mr. Martin is from Ohio......just sayin...

Yes I can vouch for that.Do Not mix him up with Martin. That is just cruel[:D]

Here is what the guy found--- cool but creepy

http://www.state-journal.com/local%20news/2011/07/24/the-find-of-a-lifetime

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94