J. Boardman & Co (puce)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottlekid76

Reaction score
Thanks so much Mike. It really is.

....I truely appreciate some else (other then me) getting a great bottle....to feel joy for some else's triumph is a measure of character....

You couldn't have said it any better my friend, that's very true. I love it when I hear of someone else digging or finding a bottle that they collect or have wanted. It just makes our hobby that much greater!

I read alot of Jim getting a new Paterson that he has been needing, or if Chris picks up a great Baltimore one for his collection, that's just a couple examples.

I collect colored pontiled sodas and mineral waters from all over. I'm in Missouri and I strive to find the St. Louis examples. I'm not alone tho and there are many of us here that really search hard for them. They are just so tough to find. When they built the new stadium alot of killer stuff was found, since then the finds have dried up alot. I've seen some amazing stuff in some friends collections. Colored examples that many folks didn't know that existed. Alot of stuff that's not documented. I'm working on a soda book from Missouri and will feature some of these with some great contributions from alot of folks. I'm a little behind but it's a challenge. Matt just put out a great medicine book that will be very useful for alot of collectors. It's alot of work!

Thanks again [;)]

~Tim

Jim

Reaction score
Killer bottle, Mike, thanks for sharing. The color does make one think of dark chocolate with a hint of cherry. Damn thing's making me hungry [;)]

I also greatly enjoy seeing the passion for great glass that we share here. My collecting interests have evolved over the years from anything I could drag home, to poisons for a few years and now local bottles, which have been my specialty for about the last six years. As I run out of locals that I need (a good problem to have, I guess), I'm starting to acquire some nice non-local stuff again. This happy madness all started when I was 10 and walked into a 30s dump on the way to a fishing site. I somehow still have a few bottles from that very day. A Vapo-Cresolene, a Pluto Water and a My Wife's Salad Dressing come to mind. They're not worth spit cash-wise, but I wouldn't part with those ones for anything. ~Jim

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Potlidboy

Caldigr2 .....Mike, I wish you still had that soda...We could place them side by side to enjoy the similarities.....I found mine on the Embarcadero near the bicycle bridge...Please do not devulge my technique...but I thing Doug & you were there when I found it. I remember finding the olive op cone ink as well.....Where did you find yours?
Under the New York Hotel on Front between J & K Sts. Huge cistern packed with bottles. Many Eastern and a few local sodas along with a busted cobalt Wynkoops Sarsaparilla and the cobalt drapery ink. Gins, tons of lousy wines and blacks, many of which remained there, and pontilled meds. Too many bottles to recall all of them. Long water down the river and lost brain cells after 40 yrs.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac