fake pay-pal invoice.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

texasdigger

Reaction score
I hope that none of you have been or will be affected by this scam. The way it happens is you will receipt email for a purchase. The one I received was for an x-box 360. It had all the shipping info. and was looked exactly like a pay-pal invoice. The email has a link to contest the purchase, and when you open it an exact repleca of the pay pal website opens. The site then asks you to log in, and if you do so passwords and account info is now theirs to use.

I hate these scamming scum bags. It is things like this can honestly ruin peoples lives, and it is sad that we cannot have internet commerce with-out feeling at risk. One day maybe we will be free of things like this, but until then be careful!

It is not pay-pal fault I just want to say that. As a service they have served me very well.
Brad

Jim

Reaction score
Hi Brad, I get bogus e-mails on a daily basis from scumbags trying to perpetrate eBay/Paypal frauds. Some of them an idiot could spot, but as you said, some are VERY deceptive! I almost got hooked once, but my better judgment caught me at the last second. There is a variety of garbage that these subhumans will send out to try and rip people off, including bogus Second Chance Offers, "Verify Your Account", "Unauthorized Use Detected", threats from non-existent "buyers" wanting their "money back", and other such BS. I forward all of them to eBay or Paypal and report them as spoofs. I wish there were a way to actually FIND a few of the cowardly vermin who send this stuff!!

Now, I ALWAYS manually type in the eBay or Paypal address and log into my account there. If there is anything that eBay or Paypal wants or needs you to do, or needs you to know about, it will be mentioned somewhere in your account info. Online services are great, I love them and use them often, and with some caution, you can prevent 99.9% of these vultures from ruining the experience for you. Good luck digging. Find another poison for me to look at [;)]

antiqueguy11

Reaction score
i have heard of this many times. The trick is to know what you invoices you are supposed to be paying and even send the money instead of waiting to be paypal invoiced. It must be a lot harder for bigger companies who are far more likely to be scammed by this.

Tony14

Reaction score
I just got this...

Dear PayPal Member

We are currently performing regular maintenance of our security measures. Your account has been selected to be verified and you will now have to be taken to a series of verification process to validate your identity, if you want to continue to use your account normally. If we don't receive any response from you we are allowed to suspend your account. A verification page will appear after you Log In into your account.
Protecting the security of your account is our primary concern, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause
[*]
[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]Please Click Here[/b] and Log In[/font]
[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]The funniest thing is that i dont even have Paypal![/font]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown