"2 EE & Adelaide bottle co"

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Kim

Reaction score
Hi All
Well, I was packing all the bottles away but each time I find myself sitting a few aside thinking I will have to ask the forum about them.

The Adelaide bottle is a pickaxe brand, "1" on the base. "The Adelaide Bottle Co-operative company limited. A logo of a pickaxe (on the front inside the circle) with something else but I cannot identify it.

On the front is "2 EE" This bottle always remains the property of Tooheys Limited Sydney" On the base is "2 EE"

I can see where they are from, I am not sure how old they are or if they are of value.

Any help would be great, Thanks Heaps Kim

He97176.jpg

Attachments

• He97176.jpg
    He97176.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 105

IRISH

Reaction score
The pickaxe brand will be from around 1910 to the 1920s and the 2EE is around the 1920s, they are both common. The pickaxe is one of the most common bottles around due to it being from a bottle co-op, a brewer who was part of the co-op would get an amount of bottles but instead of the empty's going back to the brewery they went to a depo that cleaned and sorted them and sent them back to all the brewers in there area. The brewerys just put there own lable on the bottles.
Pickaxe brand was the South Australian one, Manufactures Bottle Co of Victoria (MBCV) was the victorian one, Brisbane Bottle Exchange was the Queensland one, the WA one was from perth but I can't remember the name of it.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18