looks fake.... any scroll flask experts?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mtfdfire22

Reaction score
looks perfect, too perfect. no wear on the base, pontil looks funny, too shiny.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-PONTIL-SKULL-AND-CROSSBONE-POISON-BOTTLE-SCROLL-FLASK-TINCT-CANNABIS-/330777873305?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d03e5cb99#ht_500wt_1288

epackage

Reaction score
Likes a fantasy piece, I'd say the Clevenger part is the truth. That being said, alot of people will like such an item, and I wouldn't be surprised if it sells for double what it's at now...

Poison_Us

Reaction score
It's one of many fantacy bottles that have shown up in recent months..where they mixed 2 types of bottles. I have seen this design before in a diffent color. I see the KC-1 wanna be in green with the skull has surfaced again too...may be from the unhappy buyer the first time around. LOL

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well I have just looked at this set of pictures again and I wouldn't even consider it as an investment. I can't find anything about the bottle in any book or information I have here.
RED M.

coreya

Reaction score
checked all of my clevenger books and I doubt it's clevenger, does'nt look old pehaps a mexican hybrid![:D]

heritageglass

Reaction score
Not a Clevenger, but made with a Clevenger mold. It is a contemporary fantasy flask made with interchangeable slug plates. It should not be listed as pre-1900.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
It could be Clevenger or similar. Pairpoint also made similar "commemorating" bottle for anyone that requested them and was willing to pay. Perhaps a bottle club or just someone trying to make a buck. It may be in one of the 70-80 bottle magazines, I have no idea but I can flip through some.
I do kind of like the green one.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky