Dr Hervay

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Asterx

Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with an aqua medicine bottle embossed: DR HERVAY'S 5 OILS LINIMENT Reverse side: FORMERLY ELECTRIC OIL. Its the standard size of most medicines at around 6" (I don't have a ruler or a camera. I know I know its time to get both). I dug it awhile back and still can't find any info on it. I assume its one of those meds that claimed to have a "battery of health" in each bottle, hence the Formerly Electric Oil. Oh, its got a ring at the bottom of the neck between the tooled lip and the shoulders.

surfaceone

Reaction score
(I don't have a ruler or a camera. I know I know its time to get both).

Hey J,

Past time. [8D] You've been coming here for some time. You know what an important factor good photos are in the discussion of these old bottles. You've mentioned some interesting sounding bottles along the way. They're all unpictured.

One man's "standard size of most medicines," is another's head scratcher.

I think Dr. Hervay is Québécois. See Here, thanks to our member Nostalgia.

hervay_liniment2.JPG

ORIGINAL: asterisk80

Belgians speak Dutch canada. Haha. I'll try to have a picture up soon. Thanks

Meanwhile, German and French are also "official" languages of Belgium.

minard_vs_hervay.JPG

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
(I don't have a ruler or a camera.
[:D][:D] I can see not getting into the digital age with photography but a rule. How can you get through life without a rule, tape measure or something? I'd really like some in metric so save me the conversion math.[:)]
Oh, and what surf says, Quebec. I think there was a horse liniment also.

Asterx

Reaction score
Well I technically have a ruler but I deem it gone because in my hoarding of bottles, cardboard boxes and cleaning supplies I cannot find it, or maybe rather I am organizationally impaired. :p

As for the bottle, thanks for digging up some info and pictures surfaceone, nostalgia and cow seat maize.

The bottle in question is the height of say a pitcher's or a rumsford and rectangular.

I don't blame any of you if you don't believe me [;)] [:(]

Asterx

Reaction score
Okay okay... I git it sur-face-one. [:D]

I hope to be tech savvy and organizationally skilled soon... it just might take a few more years [&:]

Nice Rumsfords! love the sample.

surfaceone

Reaction score
Okay okay... I git it sur-face-one. [:D]

My point being that there are at least 3 sizes of Rumfords, of which I know. Dr. S. Pitcher's are leave behind / throw back items for me, but we do know one of them is about 6 inches tall...

F201207060752371657426187.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eloc1