FOHBC 2013 National Show - Manchester NH

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cornucopia

Reaction score
Hi all,

I wanted to let you know the 2013 FOHBC National show will be in Manchester, NH next year, July 19-21. (Tax Free - no tax ID needed) There are 254 tables for the show and they are filling up quickly, so if you're going to set up you'll want to get your contracts in VERY soon. As of this moment there are only 159 tables left after only 6 1/2 weeks of them being available.

Contracts can be found on the FOHBC web site: http://www.fohbc.org/2012/07/fohbc-2013-national-antique-bottle-show-manchester-new-hampshire/

In the contract is the show schedule, the contact information if you'd like to set up a display, be a seminar speaker, attend the banquet dinner or join the FOHBC. A lot of people are taking advantage of the fact you get $10 off your 1st table if you're an FOHBC member in doing it this way you can think of it as paying the full price for the table but you're getting your membership for $20 instead of the $30....

We are discussing having a similar event to the shoot out which was held in Reno Friday night after the banquet dinner.

You can already make your hotel reservations at the Radisson Manchester via the web, directly with the hotel or via the Radisson 800 number using the code: FOHBC3 for our block of rooms (on the web it's the group code) Rates are $119 single/double, $129 triple & $139 quad. They have sleep number or pillow top beds so you'll need to make a choice when booking which type you'd prefer.

The co-chairmans information is listed in the contract: Maureen Crawford for the contracts & banquet dinner, Mike George for seminars, displays and advertising. I think you'll agree we've chosen a great venue for the show with plenty of natural light with the added bonus it's all under one roof from the time you arrive at the hotel!

Thanks,
Maureen

edndlm

Reaction score
I got my 2 tables over a month ago , assuming it will sell out quickly . I still have to get the hotel room though , when I last checked the rack rate , it was $134.00 per night , so $119.00 sounds better to me . Ed

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Manchester is just a hop and half a skip from here, I don't even need the jump. I'm psyched!!!
Well, it's still about a year away so I'll see.
I'll ask Maureen at the next club meeting for an update if I make it.

cornucopia

Reaction score
Eric,

I forgot to mention I'm also looking for volunteers to help out during the show, I'm writing up a list of jobs Mike and I will need help with. I have a nice benefit I can offer someone who volunteers 3 hours of their time to help out with the show. The 3 hours do not have to be all at once either.

Some of the things we already know we'll need help with are:
Front desk admission table
Door checker for badges and hand stamps during the show for the front entrance and the back door (2nd means of egress)
display room security - to ensure someone doesn't break or take something or if someone has a question
help putting the dealer packets together prior to the show
police the hall after the show to pick up any trash - we have to leave it as found or pay a lot of $$ to have the hotel clean the expo hall

There are probably other jobs I just can't think of them off the top of my head. Even though it's the MVABC hosting the show we'd like to be all of the NE clubs participating in the show since it's the very first one in the NE area.

Maureen

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Door checker for badges and hand stamps during the show for the front entrance and the back door (2nd means of egress)
Security guard, cool. Can I wear a glass gun bottle? [:D]
Well, like I said, it's a ways off yet but no problem, I'd love to If I still around.

cornucopia

Reaction score
If you need a ride to the club meeting let me know and we'll swing by to pick you up.

I also forgot to mention to everyone this show will NOT conflict with Shupps Grove we've took care of that last March and he's moved the date by 1 week. This means you'll have 3 weekends in a row: Brimfield July 9-14, FOHBC National show July 19-21, Shupps Grove July 27th weekend.

Bixby Bill

Reaction score
How can I get in touch with Mike George about doing a display at the show? Any help will be greatly appreciated. I went on the FOHBC site and didn`t see any way to do anything but get a show contract.

jays emporium

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cornucopia

3 weekends in a row: Brimfield July 9-14, FOHBC National show July 19-21, Shupps Grove July 27th weekend.
That's exactly what I have in mind. We are already planning a 4 week trip, including the relatives along the way. I just got confirmation on my 2 tables for Manchester. This will be only my second bottle National. Looking forward to it.
Jay

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum