HELP PLEASE!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

glass man

Reaction score
At a flea market today I saw a cool tin sign :"NICHOL KOLA..AMERICA TASTE SENSATION in the middle of sign..some on ebay going for good bucks...the sigh is pretty mint..has at the bottom right of the sign in blacl small letters "THE PARKER METAL DEC. CO. BALT.MD...on the back has what looks like cradboard sorta backing.

1st have these been reproduced?2..If so how can you tell?..3 if real what would be a fair balanced value?..Thinking bout buying it next week if I can get it for a good price and can make money off it ..which we need..will have to borrow the money to buy it if a good investment..Shoulda gotten a pic. of it..but the seller was sitting close by and it might have affected her selling price..there was not one on it..so not sure what price she has in mind!THANKS TO ANYBODY FOR ANY HELP THEY CAN GIVE US!!JAMIE

glass man

Reaction score
Please help me with this on as time is runing out on it and I don't know what to do..THANK YOU!

LC

Reaction score
In my past experience whenever I see a good piece with no price , I expect the worst once I ask the price . One never knows though . Saw a dome top Star Trek lunchbox with thermos one morning at an antique show , no price . I would rate it a 9.8 on a scale of one to ten , and the thermos at a ten . Kind of grabbed my back side and asked the price and got a surprising price of three hundred on it . I offered the lady two hundred and forty five dollars for it and she accepted my offer . Bought it for myself but ended up having to sell it . Got six and a quarter out of it . Now if I would quit messing around and sell the other 100 lunchboxes I have , I would be content . Been trying to sell them as a collection , but no one seems to have any money to buy them .

Eric

Reaction score
I collect Nichol Kola.. no reproduction out there yet... prices are all over the place... have yet to see dead mint one... most are 8 conditions tops..
what size... small vertical bottle... square no bottle with rounded corner edges embossing... rectangle no bottle with rounded embossing around edges
etc.. there are about 8 metal signs... 1 flange, 1 large die-cut bottle, 1 large 5 foot sign and a couple small cardboard bottle displays...

Check ended auctions on ebay that have sold... those are what you should go by.. not what sellers are asking and constantly reposting... some of those
sellers are dreamers... get a picture and let me know....

LC

Reaction score
I just looked on eBay and there are thirty five Nichol Kola signs on sale there at the moment as well as I think 128 that have already sold .

Eric

Reaction score
Oh I know.. same 4 or 5 signs.. ugh... I check everyday!!!! Is the same style on there now?.. has it sold?...

Also more than likely this sign is out of the huge lot that was bought from the company in the early 1980s...
these red, black and white signs with the paper still stuck on them where from the rail car in the back of the plant..
These date around the early 1940s... I have a advertsing store bench with the same artwork dated 1941.

celerycola

Reaction score
A bunch of Nichol Kola signs were found a few years ago and some with original protective paper show up regularly on ebay and at shops. Check ebay for current prices before buying a Nichol Kola sign.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac