911-------- where were you?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Its hard to believe it has been 11 years.

Its weird how you can remember every detail of that day. I was driving a dump truck hauling cut wood. The truck had no radio so I didn't know right away what had happened. When I got back to the job site everyone was acting weird,thats when I found out. I used my radio head phones the rest of the day to listen to the craziness unfolding. NEVER FORGET.

Oh yeah, it wound have been Lobes Birthday Miss ya man

052675AB44D9447591D6EBC33FA61463.jpg

Attachments

• 052675AB44D9447591D6EBC33FA61463.jpg
    052675AB44D9447591D6EBC33FA61463.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 65

Conch times

Reaction score
I was working on a road/parking lot in downtown key west when a guy came flying out of the building saying that someone hit the tower. After that we were still working and then they said another plane hit the tower. Then the boss took us to lunch and when we finally got to see a TV we realized what really happened. We sat there the rest of the day watching it all unfold, I will never forget that day!

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Driving North towards New York City on the Garden State Parkway in New Jersey. I got up about to Edison and the traffic stopped dead it was Eerie listening to it unfold and seeing the smoke just 10 miles away. It was a beautiful blue sky cool Autumn day just like today.I will never forget that day. Two days later I was back up in North Jersey working in Jersey City in the tallest building in the City on the water Front. We were running Fiber Optic Cable from the basement up to the 10th floor for a Company who was located in the World trade center # 2 building for all of their voice and data services. I was a sub contractor for a Company named Concert Technologies. The had a contract with large private company's and the Government and Military interests.It was eerie in talking to a few employees as they watched their former home smolder. I remember one man said I hope we get the Bastards who did this....It took 11 years but we got all of the master minds behind it.

glass man

Reaction score
I was still in bed when it started happing.Nina was watching her niece...the phone rang and I heard Nina yelling "GET UP GET UP!AMERICA IS UNDER ATTACK!Well that got my attention and I cut the tcv on...and of course it was on near evey channel...It was a sad time for the USA and on a more personal level..Nina's mom was in the hospital at that time having cancer surgery...She died not long after 9/11...JAMIE

BillinMo

Reaction score
I was at work, getting breakfast just a few minutes after the first plane hit the tower, shown on the TVs in the company cafeteria. The cashier and I said a few words as we wondered what sort of plane guidance malfunction could have caused such a horrible accident.

Back at my desk I proceeded with work. A while later, a coworker mentioned the second plane hit the other tower and I felt that sinking in my stomach, realizing this was not an accident. Within a couple minutes, we began hearing about the Pentagon crash. The soap opera addicts shared their little TVs, letting us all watch. We heard the reports of Shanksville, the confused reports of all air traffic being called in and reports of airplanes still in the sky that no one could account for. Where were they? What other sites were targeted? Just how big was this plan? The anxiety built as we waited.

My office building was in the middle of Kansas City's financial and government district. We heard that the Federal Reserve, the Federal office building, and all the courthouses shut down and sent employees home. The police set up sawhorses around all government buildings, shutting down all nearby street traffic. Just about everyone in Kansas City remembers (with a chill) that Timothy McVeigh's original plan preferred Kansas City and he changed it just a day or so before the Oklahoma City bombing. And on 9/11/2001, we had no idea who was behind it all... was it the same group?

Our leaders sent word that we'd continue business as usual. I remember at one point walking from my desk to the copier, and I had to walk along the windows. I looked out at all the empty government buildings and blocked-off streets, occasionally seeing a police officer or security guard in front of a doorway. It was spooky.

mtfdfire22

Reaction score
i was in my 8th grade geography class and just got into a fight with my teacher about "WHO THREW THAT PAPER PLANE AT ME" of course he thought it was me when in fact it was not. i made this perfectly clear as i kicked over my desk and screamed at him for 15 min. for trying to give me detention with no proof of my insolence then the attack happened and after class he apologized and told me to hurry up to my next class so i wouldnt miss the news we were all watching.
never had an issue with that teacher again.

logueb

Reaction score
We had an Inspector who was constantly watching news on his computer,( even though we were not supposed to use the computers except for company buisness). He broke the news to the rest of us, and I thought that it must have been a small plane that had mechanical problems. We were watching as the second plane hit. I will never forget that day or the feelings.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp