They closed our Post Office

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
Alot of people don't realize that online prices are cheaper Lou, and the fact you don't have to wait online at the P.O. is the icing on the cake for me. I love asking people to move aside while I roll thru with a bunch of boxes that I just leave at the counter and then walk right out while they have a WTF??? look on their faces...[;)]

epackage

Reaction score
By the way, to insure my scale is working I use a couple of scale weights to make sure it's on the money. I also add an ounce to whatever I'm shipping just in case, 999 out a 1,000 it will make no difference in the price...

LC

Reaction score
I took mine to the post office and had it checked for accuracy since it was used and I was not sure why the people were selling it . It was a tenth of an ounce off , so I added one ounce to every package as well . It has served me well , and I still have it sitting here on the shelf in case I want to start selling on cheat-bay again .

Plumbata

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: epackage

I love asking people to move aside while I roll thru with a bunch of boxes that I just leave at the counter and then walk right out while they have a WTF??? look on their faces...[;)]

Lol, Word. [:D]

Way way easier all around to print postage at home. I do lots of international orders though, so having an accurate scale is very helpful. If you pile the things on and the items and packaging are a gram or 2 over, just that extra ounce is slightly costly so I'll trim the mailer or box and packing down to where it is just under.

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
If you are lucky you can print postage at home and have the postperson pick it up with the mail.
Save some gas.

epackage

Reaction score
I'm always afraid of a box being misplaced or lost that way Matt, and since the post office is about 300 yards from my mouse I don't mind dropping them off...That is a great option for many people here though...[;)]

diggerdirect

Reaction score
Our carrier suggested I call for a 'free' pick up if I have more than 5 packages (priority Mail) going out at a time, otherwise she sits there aside the road scanning for a few minutes and also something about it boosts their workload and volume stats, ect. and apparently that translates into 'less likely to get merged into another office' and closed out. Also when buying postage online the postmaster said to be sure to put my local zip code into the form as mailed from, the revenue, even tho paid online, gets credited to the zip of origin office which can also be beneficial when the closing axe starts swinging.

Al

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I broke down and bought a probably POS for $11. I don't do a lot of volume anymore but I would have saved something. It turned out about a pound less than my guesstimate. I also noticed that the ebay calculator doesn't include the 19¢ for delivery confirmation co I lost around 90¢. I think I'll start adding $1 for "handling".
Oh well, like I said, I don't do a lot of volume.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eloc1