They closed our Post Office

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Actually we never had a real one, just a limited service satellite thing about a mile away. Now it's 6 miles to a neighboring town. I guess I'll have to add a few dollars for gas money or schedule pick-ups. [:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:]

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
they are closing all the old small town ones.
I expect my favorite one will close soon and I will have to do the 1/2 hour wait in line at the big city one.
The whole theory that the postal system should pay for itself has always seemed pretty foolish to me.

epackage

Reaction score
I pay all my bills online and everything I sell on Ebay gets a printed prepaid label(which is also cheaper than regular rates at the PO), all I do is either drop it all off or I schedule a pickup and I never have to stand online at the PO. Using the Online Payment thru Ebay is the best thing I ever did, along with getting them to send me a bunch of boxes online as well....

epackage

Reaction score
It's also better for me blood pressure wise because I happen to be that guy online who says what he thinks outloud when someone in front of me in a Post Office Moron....LOL[8D]

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Hi, 16 miles Pat? That's a haul. When I had my RFD in Maine it was still only six to the PO and about ¼ mile to my mail box but ebay had been thought up yet. Oh, and gas was under a buck.
Jim, the online postage is the way to go for sure. I wanted the PO to weigh it first but I ended up doing the weigh me with and without the package, doing the math and hoping those cheap bathroom scales are close. My postal scale only goes to 5 lbs. so I guess I need a better scale now.

diggerdirect

Reaction score
I used a Royal RC40 40-Pound Shipping Scale for over ten years and had excellent luck with it, from 1 ounce letters to 20+ pound packages and never an 'insufficient postage' notice from PO or buyer. Didn't have much luck with the downloading postage rates feature but otherwise a great scale and can be had in the 40-50 buck range or less (on Amazon)

I say I 'used' one because the cat knocked it off the table the other day and its scrap now.

Al

epackage

Reaction score
I bought a scale on Ebay for $9.99, it's good to 55lb's, it paid for itself in the first week and now it's all gravy...

It was this model right here, you can't beat the price and I highly recommend it...[;)]

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=sf+550+scale&_sacat=0&_odkw=sf+550&_osacat=0

LC

Reaction score
I bought one of these at an auction I was at a good many years ago , and you are right Jim , they will pay for themselves in a hurry . Weighed probably a good thousand packages with it while I was selling on eBay . I think I gave like eight bucks for the one I have . Regretfully I did not get the cord with it where it can be used with electric instead of a battery .

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac